SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a s60R gauge cluster, I swapped over the faces and the needles to my original gauge cluster and calibrated using this guide http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/retrofitting-an-r-instrument-cluster.pdf but every once in a while the gauge needles will act up and fall down resulting in me having to recalibrate it again.

Does anyone know why my gauge needles are falling its weird I watched them fall right as I opened my door after unlocking it..? surely this has nothing to do with the gauge needles falling though?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hmm this is interesting. Maybe the servo/motors are weak in the cluster and causes them to "give out" every once and a while like you describe. I know that the CEM does a sort of calibration or check of the gauge needles whenever the driver's side door opens (best I can describe this is that all of the needles simultaneously bounce a little bit when opening the door).

I'm sure some others can chime in though.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What your describing about the CEM doing a calibration or check of gauge needles is what it sounds like. Just cracked my Iphone case getting out of the car after attempting to calibrate it again and needed some extra light since I don't have the overhead LED's hardwired yet fell right out of my lap :/. just not my lucky day I guess haha...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Ive got it pretty much calibrated at this point. Only thing wrong is the temp gauge is a little off but nothing I cant live with wired up the LED overhead and everything is working great now. However I did cut the red wire on my Alpine Radio harness in order to wire in the LED Power cable at first since the Red wire on the alpine harness is the ignition wire which would then turn the LED's on only when I started up the car which is what I wanted.

I decided after to just wire up the Power for the LED's to another wire, however I reconnected the red wire and the radio now wont work? Is it possible I blew a fuse? Does anyone know the fuse I should check to replace or have any other suggestions as to what the problem may be, my car rides are going to become very boring if I dont have any music :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts