SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,

Last month i had destroyed my R engine , for some reasons i cant get an R engine so i did stupid thing and it worked .

I bought a usesed engine B5254T2 Engine i installed it and attached my R turbo , My R injectors everything like its my R . The car is running and the engine is doing well .

But i am getting no Booost at all , ican hear the turbo working but the car doesnt make any kind of boost , i am not sure maybe there is something wrong with Lines of the turbo or the mechanic did somethng wrong , the car works fine with no boost at alllllll......

can some one clearify the lines from TCV goes where and from , from turbo i see 3 niples wastage and two others .

please explain it to me so i can start trouble shooting the case .

Does the engine has something that doesnt allow the car to boost ....

please your help is apreicated this car without turbo is AWEFUL

·
Registered
305 Posts
the engine doesnt know any diference. its in the lines somewhere thats messed up

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked all vacum lines are fine and connected in the right places

I checked all vacum lines are fine and connected in the right places

everything is connected right i have tightened all the links from turbo to intercooler , from intercooler to intake manifold . but still suffering of this issue , do you think of Defective TCV , or MAF sensor >>>> any suggestion guys ???

By the way guys B5254T2 has 9.0:1 compression
but the R engine B5254T4 has 8.5:1 compression

does that affect the turbo Work somehow ,,,, or ECU doesnt understand the new Engine and
the boosting ,,,, is there any related other HW ??

please reply as i am so disappointed , after loosing the R engine , money shortage made me go this route with T2 engine i think somehow they are similar in most of the hardware never thought i am going to face any turbo problems as the turbo seems clean and no oil leak or anything exaughst manifold is good do you think exaught Gasket should be shanged again ,,,, i mean maybe there is leakage there ???

how can i tell if the turbo is not working ??

when i drive the car arounf 4000 RPM i can hear the turbo but no compression and car work as there is no turbo at all.......

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Check your wastegate setting, there are threads here on how to do that. Also try unplugging the electrical connection on your TCV & see if that makes any difference. Do you have a boost gauge?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check your wastegate setting, there are threads here on how to do that. Also try unplugging the electrical connection on your TCV & see if that makes any difference. Do you have a boost gauge?
I will do that now , i will get a gauge soon so i know if im having a boost leakage somewhere.

Now i will unplug the tcv electrical plug and tell you if there is a differance.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Someone (IPD?) should have a 'stage II' software load for the T2 engine running the larger T4 turbo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone (IPD?) should have a 'stage II' software load for the T2 engine running the larger T4 turbo.

Actually my car is s60r the ecu is already programmed for this turbo , turbo is working but at higher RPM 5000 car start to pull hard. Is there any solution for this stupid late charging turbo ... I took the tcv off the car was so slow.

What should i do to solve this problem , does the wastegate adjustment do the magic to solve this issue

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
If boost is building late, it could be wastegate. You should apply pressure to the yellow line off the TCV and see when the wastegate opens. It should open in the 4-7 psi range. This will get in roughly in the right area.

Also, you may need a tune. Your stock ECU is for that turbo, but that engine has a higher compression. You don't want to run into problems. You should at least talk to a tuning company and see what advice they can offer.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
When you disconected the electrical connnection to the TCV your boost was limited to the boost PSI that your wastegate was set at, if it was slower then your TCV is probbaly OK. Adjust your WG to open around 6 psi & see if that helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you disconected the electrical connnection to the TCV your boost was limited to the boost PSI that your wastegate was set at, if it was slower then your TCV is probbaly OK. Adjust your WG to open around 6 psi & see if that helps

Actually the turbo was working fine with the old engine , we just moved it as its i did not play with wastegate , if i should change it how can i do that , i have no experience with what is the tool needed i know the wastegate arm but how can i do it ??

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Search wastgate adjustment. you will find plenty of information. You need a pump like a mity vac, and you turn the thimble on the WG actuator arm to adjust

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
what boost are you getting? your ecm might be in a LIMP mode.
Great point, I should have thought about that first. Ahzazou, try reseting your ECU, what year is you car? The fuses to pulll depend on MY. If 04 pull fused 6 & 23 from th efuse box under the hood and try try to start car (nothing will happen) replace fuses and go for a drive. You will know immeadiately if you were in limp mode.

If you car is MY 05 or later someone else will have to weigh in on which fuses to pull

1 - 20 of 24 Posts