SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an S60R with a sports package the other day but it had dual exhaust, one on the passenger side that perfectly matched the drivers side exhaust and thru the ground effects.. it looked greak. anybody know about this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: S60R dual exhaust???? (tmorefi)

Looks like the Heico exhaust to me. IPD now sells the product. I have been thinking about it, but I have the sports package and would have to swap my rear bumper.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: S60R dual exhaust???? (Our R)

With the Sports Pacakage it makes it hard to get through that metal to make your car dual exhaust.. Looks really nice though http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Re: S60R dual exhaust???? (ZAF)

That's my car (photoshopped).

My heico quad exhausts have just arrived. No time to install yet. I'm now sourcing for someone to do a reverse duplicate of the original volvo exhaust trim as the CF ones provided by heico are too fugly.

I promise to post pics when its done..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: S60R dual exhaust???? (tmorefi)

The one I saw had the sports package on and it looked exactly like the drivers side. It was at my gym so I'll keep looking and see if I can find him...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yay! Just installed my Heico Quad Exhausts...

some pics here:

Now to get the original R left exhaust trim duplicated for the right side to make it look like what I've envisaged:

So far it sounds almost the same from inside the car...which is great for me as I was afraid of the new exhaust being intrusive....

Outside is a different story http://********************/smile/emthup.gif . I'll see if I can get some sound tracks posted.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: S60R dual exhaust???? (blot)

Will look forward to lookig at your finished rear end (the car's)
JRL

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

Yikes...wouldn't want park that car above some flameable underground :S that exhaust is WAY TOO SMALL :S

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

no it isn't
two pipes radiate more heat to the surrounding air than one pipe
(btw...I'm not talking about the endpipes)

·
Registered
88 Posts
How much was that, i was on the Heico website and i had to buy it to get the [email protected]!

That look sick, i would put that honey on my R, get a dyno done i want to see the numbers. Did you put a Down Pipe on it yet? Evolve is coming out with a 3in dp. Looks sick, Good job!

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (futrC70drvr)

Quote, originally posted by futrC70drvr »
So does the dual exhauste on the R result in a gain or loss in hp? I know that for the C70, there would be a loss.

Actually that's not true, but you gain anything either.
Most, if not all dual exhausts on Volvos are for looks, like my S60AWD. They neither help not hurt
JRL

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.