SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, so bear with me.....I got my hands on a great running and driving S60R, but cannot get a title for it since it was a donation and sold on a bill of sale only. I was thinking about swapping the drivetrain into my 2005 V70 N/A FWD. Considering I have a complete donor, how big of a PITA would it be to swap the R goods into the wagon? I assume the front would not be too bad if you take out the complete subframe, harness, ECU, etc. My biggest concern is the rear diff, control arms, axles, for the AWD. Any thoughts? Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Different engine management. 99% impossible. If you stripped the car back to its bare shell and rewired it with a fed turbo body and engine harness in theory it might work. That’s beyond so much work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
945 Posts
In some states beyond a certain year range you don't need a title, just a bill of sale, to register. In CT for example its 20 years.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's probably going to be less of a headache trying to obtain a title than swapping everything over. It's not impossible to get a car under less than ideal circumstances registered and titled from what I've seen, just a lot more work and a lot of time.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Anyone ever RWD swap one of these instead of AWD, just curious?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Like one person has to make a dragster but no, nobody RWD swaps these because the engine is mounted wrong.

There are all kinds of solutions to your title problem, research bond titles for example.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts