SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

On my s60r, it seems that the pedal is now barely pressed when it shifts gears. Is there some kind of clutch adjustment that will position this, as I envision it, closer to the center of travel? Perhaps I'm old school, and there is no such thing, imagining that this is a routine maintenance thing. But I don't want to have this so high that I truly am beginning to wear the clutch.

For the record, 2005r has 105k miles; clutch was replaced at around 50k (with about half wear) because I was in there for some other stuff.

Thanks!
Don

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The clutches on these cars self-align. Could be a sign of wear or fault with the hydraulic system(Slave, Master, time for a bleed?)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Volvodrummer! I appreciate it. Presuming (at my level of understanding) that the clutch and brake fluid are one and the same, the bleed is fresh. I replaced (and bled) the entire brake system myself a few months ago -- meticulously getting out every bit of air that I could find, simply because I wanted a responsive brake pedal. If they are the same, then the problem is likely then something other, perhaps among the things you mention. Probably about the time for me to take this beyond DIY, and go find a shop for a look-see.

Ps.. I do congas. :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thank you, Volvodrummer! I appreciate it. Presuming (at my level of understanding) that the clutch and brake fluid are one and the same, the bleed is fresh. I replaced (and bled) the entire brake system myself a few months ago -- meticulously getting out every bit of air that I could find, simply because I wanted a responsive brake pedal. If they are the same, then the problem is likely then something other, perhaps among the things you mention. Probably about the time for me to take this beyond DIY, and go find a shop for a look-see.

Ps.. I do congas. :)
The fluid comes from the same reservoir, but the clutch has its own bleeder right under the factory air box area on my car.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The fluid comes from the same reservoir, but the clutch has its own bleeder right under the factory air box area on my car.
Exactly. Also, I have heard that doing a reverse-bleed is easier as the slave can be somewhat difficult to get all the air out. Do you do the cha-cha with da conga?lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts