SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear s60R enthusiasts,

I am currently the proud owner of a black s60r awd and hope to get some advise as for the pressure on the pirelli tyres.

I am currently running on my winter tyres and I have planned the change to my pirelli summer tyres for next week.

I want to fill my tyres noth with air but with "N2", so that they may not loose pressure to quickly.

Now my question: how much pressure should I put on:
1) my winter tyres (michelin) 225/45 17inch
2) my summer tyres (pirellis) 235/40 18inch

Johan, your advsie is also greatly appreciated....

THANKS,

Joa

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: s60R awd tire pressure (jsalien24)

Summer tires 18" minimum 2.7-2.8 bar. Maybe a point lower in the rear if you think the wheels "hammer" to much..

Winter tires depend on manufacturer. Some brands advice high pressures at very low temperatures.
Example, Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme 18" for spirited-semi track use 3 bar near zero degree, up to 3.2 bar when freezing....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: s60R awd tire pressure (Cementups)

I think it's roughly 40psi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: s60R awd tire pressure (llabahn)

Any advice on the winter tyres pressure...

I am changing my tyres this afternoon and I want to put correct pressure on.

18" Summer tyres: 2.6 - 2.8

17" Wintertyres: ...

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: s60R awd tire pressure (jsalien24)

2.8bar at front
2.5 at the rear tires
Wear was perfect flat on fronts after each swap (no swapping tires F<->R, just drove until front were worn down, rears went to front and new tires to the rear -> the fastest way to corner is having GOOD rear tires
)
btw, I always drive in advanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.