SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for an S60R aero kit (winglets, sideskirts, bumper) And The only place I have been able to find one was from the dealer(super expensive), and viva (who are sold out). Does anybody know where I can find one for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: S60R Aero Kit (racinrs)

so really only the dealer? cause its not on myswedishparts.com anymore
however i did find this weird website-
http://www.trademotion.com/par...93288

is it trustworthy? or should i just use a dealer?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Taken from that link:

Ian,

You don't need to spend $2500 on the sport kit.

I got mine from MySwedishParts.com for $1300 for MY04 R. I still have it and haven't had a chance to put it on yet. I'm waiting to get a new front.

Go to MySwedishParts.com and do a search for "Aero-Dynamic Body Styling kit" and you will see a list of body kits for the S60 and S60R.

As I said before, the sport kit for the MY04 is only $1300. You can even get it pre-painted for $700 more, which still makes it $500 less than the other place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (The Sickness)

alright thank you so much! unfortunately i have an '06 ;( why is it that the 05+ is more expensive in the first place?

·
Registered
93 Posts
not sure, i haven't purchased it myself...been looking though.

if you leave the truck spoiler out (like certain people do, i think it looks good without), you can save some $ that way. find a local shop to paint it cheap for you, dont buy it painted.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (The Sickness)

Yeah the spoiler looks ugly. I wonder if they are able to take it out of the package and maybe I can save $300.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (racinrs)

Quote, originally posted by racinrs »
Yeah the spoiler looks ugly. I wonder if they are able to take it out of the package and maybe I can save $300.

The spoiler does not come with the kit. I choose not to get it, I like the way it looks sans spoiler.

I own an '06 and bought my kit from MySwedishparts.com, they are great guys. The '05 kits costs more because the rear diffuser is different.

I believe if you call them they can have the parts painted at a very reasonable price. I have a body shop friend that did mine so I can't tell you their paint quality.

As a side note, the way MySwedishParts does the kit is that they combine a standard S60 aero kit with an R kit.

Reason being the standard S60 aero kit (front bumper, side skirts, rear diffuser) is cheaper than buying the side skirts by themselves. Then they add the winglets and R rear diffuser.

So you end up having a front and rear bumper for a standard S60 that you can sell here or ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts