SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when they fixed the software bug in prod? My S60R was manufactured in April 2006.<p>Regards,<br>Coolknight

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: S60R 2006 Software bug. (Coolknight)

Yes they have. Your dealer should have the new software ready to install. Call the dealer and set up an appointment. One of the largest problems with the original software is that the car will suddenly kill (never know when) and then when you start it the car goes into limp mode.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: S60R 2006 Software bug. (Mash)

When you take it in for a software fix, that is a warranty covered item right?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: S60R 2006 Software bug. (phuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>phuz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you take it in for a software fix, that is a warranty covered item right?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You betcha.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So does my April 2006 made S60R have the bug or not ?<p>Regards,<br>Coolknight

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I checked with dealer, my S60R is supposed to have the new software, as they uploaded it prior to delivery.<p>Regards,<br>Coolknight

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
did they give you a date?<br>mine left the factory 3/21/06

·
Registered
966 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Coolknight</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So does my April 2006 made S60R have the bug or not ?<br>Regards,<br>Coolknight</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I didn't know this could be tracked by build date? Can anyone in the know tell us a safe build date range?<br>Thanks, <br>Jim

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

... Not Volvo, but my Dealer uploaded the software...<p>Regards,<br>Coolknight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts