SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I have now installed the FMIC from Viva in my S60R -05 and yesterday I did a race
against an S60R-04 which has the exact same mods as I do, ECU, exhaust, etc., but he is driving without FMIC and the Snabb intake pipe!
The race was very even between the cars but he beat me just halfway from the goal!:confused:
How is it!? Should not that be the opposite!? Or should I do a new upgrade for FMIC, raising the boost pressure!?

Grateful for answers!

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Hi all!
I have now installed the FMIC from Viva in my S60R -05 and yesterday I did a race
against an S60R-04 which has the exact same mods as I do, ECU, exhaust, etc., but he is driving without FMIC and the Snabb intake pipe!
The race was very even between the cars but he beat me just halfway from the goal!:confused:
How is it!? Should not that be the opposite!? Or should I do a new upgrade for FMIC, raising the boost pressure!?

Grateful for answers!
he probably pushed it harder that you did.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Manuals are only as fast as the drivers that shift them......and how well they can shift them.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Also, do you have a boost gauge? Make sure you're boost levels are okay.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Manuals are only as fast as the drivers that shift them......and how well they can shift them.
+1. Manuals are make or break on hitting the peak HP rpm and not shifting too soon or too late. Obviously not missing a sift either. As to him beating you, no two cars are alike. Especially turbo ones. His car may have come with a little more power from the factory.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Proper power shifting will beat most GT's

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks for all responds,but still it feels like a little bit waste even if he was a better maniacshifter then I. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, do you have a boost gauge? Make sure you're boost levels are okay.
No i dont have a boost gauge but on friday my friend from MTE is gonna check the boost and maybe make it higher!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well to take out some driver error out the way.. Go side by side at around 50mph make sure your in the same gears and punch it... Multiple tests will give you a better idea.. You can also even talk about fuel.. If he was running a higher octane or had some additive in the fuel that could give him a advantage...

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Recall the FMIC isn't so much to increase power, but to reduce the amount of power loss during warm weather (a.k.a. heat soak).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well to take out some driver error out the way.. Go side by side at around 50mph make sure your in the same gears and punch it... Multiple tests will give you a better idea.. You can also even talk about fuel.. If he was running a higher octane or had some additive in the fuel that could give him a advantage...
I like this idea.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
remove all unnecessary weight :D also, run with a 1/4 tank or less when you race, gas is heavy.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Ok thanks for all responds,but still it feels like a little bit waste even if he was a better maniacshifter then I. :(
You would have to have dyno'd both cars before mods to have any idea of what you're working with. A stock R makes anywhere from 215 to 240awhp. So even though the mods are the same, the base horse power and torque starting points are not.

And don't forget the less obvious stuff like what's in the trunk and how full is the gas tank? Are you both running the same rotors, rims and tires, etc.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
You would have to have dyno'd both cars before mods to have any idea of what you're working with. A stock R makes anywhere from 215 to 240awhp. So even though the mods are the same, the base horse power and torque starting points are not.

And don't forget the less obvious stuff like what's in the trunk and how full is the gas tank? Are you both running the same rotors, rims and tires, etc.
Nothing like the body of a dead hooker in the trunk to weigh you down during a race...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts