SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new red 2.4T yesterday, and the car has been a tremendous amount of fun to drive. However, I have an issue that I could really use some feedback on. When my car rolls forward in idling mode up even the slightest uphill grade (withhout giving any gas at all), the car starts to buck in a repetitive manner. It's almost like in a manual car when you start driving up a hill in a gear that's too high, and the car bucks to let you know to downshift. When I look at the tachometer, it shows very little variation in engine revs, but the needle is dancing ever so slightly. In my case, the car is an automatic, so obviously there is no downshifting here. I also notice the bucking just before I come to a complete stop (feels like driving on square wheels) - this seems consistent with the car bucking up a slight grade. Does anyone have any idea if (a) this is a normal characteristic of the car, (b) if not, what do you think is causing this. I will definitely let the dealer know, but my sense is that the collective wisdom of this board is better than any dealer, especially with such a new car model. The car has only 85 miles on it - so any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts