SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2002 white s60, with black molding, I am currently in the process of sanding the molding to paint them the same color code as the volvo white. In addition to, i am wheel shopping as well. WHat do you guys think about these 18x8 wheels on th the s60, and if you have seen it done. All other wheel sugguestion would be appreciated. Something other then the Volution 5 wheel since they are quite expensive. Happy friday to all..
Thanks
Adam
http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merc...tore_Code=HC&gclid=CKa-__LkrbMCFY-d4AodIGgAzg

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm not too big on the wheels you linked. Although that's just me. Wheels are totally subjective. Go with what you like.

Personally I am running Arrakis wheels off an S80 and love them. Mine are a little rough around the edges

Here's what mine looks like:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here is a V70R with similar wheels (TAM WHEELS TA088 8X19)

They look good on the VR but I'm not sold on how they'd look on a sedan.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Doesn't look as bad on the V70R as I thought. I wouldn't be too confident with them on the Sedan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TobytheSandwhich, im a fan of the s80 as well, i also agree with what you stated going with what I like probably the best for the long run. To Tstats, appreciate the advice, as well as the great photos, really makes me want to sell my s60, and buy a v70 now aha. All jokes aside think im just going to way my options and not rush into acquiring wheels. Since im in Northern Virginia, the bad winters/ road salts will just abuse them, plus it will give me more time to decide. Man that is one bad wagon.. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you're worried about winters you can always find a cheap set of wheels to get you through the winter.

Honestly part of the reason I went Arrakis was (besides being free) is that they can be acquired for cheap and are easily replaceable. There are lots of options out there between aftermarket and stock. Especially in stock because you can find wheels all the way from the 850 to the S40, to the new S60 that will fit (some with minor work). Personally I like the Neptune wheels from the XC90.

You should check out the Tritan wheels as well.

A good resource on Volvo Factory rims:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=72501

1 - 6 of 6 Posts