1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
WTH ???? haha ! v8 powered...perhaps this trim is only available in the island from "lost"

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the real pipe dream is "new transmission." I bet it's a dual clutch and has paddle shifters.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If they can squeeze out over 500 HP from that T6 then they sure as hell don't need a V8 in the S60 (think of that front-to-rear weight balance!!!). Most of the Business editions will be powered by Volvo's D2/D3/D4/T3/T4 engines.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
If they can squeeze out over 500 HP from that T6 then they sure as hell don't need a V8 in the S60 (think of that front-to-rear weight balance!!!). Most of the Business editions will be powered by Volvo's D2/D3/D4/T3/T4 engines.
Two different scenarios. Quite a few changes have to take place for that T6 to generate 500 HP.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You are aware of that Volvo sold the S80 with the Yamaha V8? I have droven it, V8 4x4 and Auto, beatiful car!
Yes, but the S60 is a much smaller car with a "worse" weight balance. That's the bit that concerns me. Though, IF Volvo offered something like a 3.6 liter V8 (basically a down sized version of the S80's V8) with a Turbo I think that would be a quick and easy way to get M3 performance out of the S60 instead of strapping on that massive turbo onto the T6.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are aware of that Volvo sold the S80 with the Yamaha V8? I have droven it, V8 4x4 and Auto, beatiful car!
That's what my father's been driving for the past five years since I talked him into test driving it. It is very nice, but I would prefer the T6 AWD w/ Dynamic package if they would just make the Polestar Performance Package available for it. I'm confused as to why it is not.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Of course, I do not need to tell you that this is one of the most bogus websites I have ever seen!
I think the completely aimless montage of several stock Volvo cars might have given it away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts