SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread where people can put a "wishlist" of things they would like to see added or improved on the current gen

•Better infotainment UI, performance info, similiar to mbux and idrive
•More digital gauge info, like coolant temp, etc...
•Aux port, usb-c port, wireless mirroring
•Household power outlet

·
Registered
911 Posts
A refresh of the UX/UI is coming. Volvo and Polestar have demonstrated two potential variations.

I have to disagree with wanting Sensus to be anything like the overly menu driven Mercedes and BMW systems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Household outlets are an option/selected in many non-American S60s, but for some reason it’s not offered to US customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
A refresh of the UX/UI is coming. Volvo and Polestar have demonstrated two potential variations.

I have to disagree with wanting Sensus to be anything like the overly menu driven Mercedes and BMW systems.
Agreed one of the things that makes Sensus so great is that it's super simple and not overcrowded with menus like MBUX, iDrive, or MMI. You have 3 screens: one for controls, media functions and a screen with all your apps. It's simple and only takes me 1 second to access a feature, while on other systems you have to go through multiple menus to find one feature.

·
Registered
853 Posts
-Fully auto setting on climate control - full fan range auto
-more configuration options for features in Sensus e.g. lights on w/wipers, rear defrost constant on, lane change flasher 4 blinks etc.
-Sunroof operated by retained accessory power, close and open along with windows from fob.
-coolant temp gauge or in general more customization/info on driver display
-more individual drive modes

Not that they will but I think all that could be addressed in a software update! Small things really, love the car as it is.

·
Registered
826 Posts
1. A single PHYSICAL button to load Individual mode, complete with last-used display config (Nav map maximized for me) and Auto Start/Stop (disabled). Yes, compliance with EPA rating prevents Volvo to allow switching it off permanently, blah-blah. At least give us an option to set the car the way we like it with a single push, not through the touch-screen every bloody time.
2. A single small PHYSICAL rotary knob to control fan speed. Two small PHYSICAL up/down buttons to control the temp.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I'll let you guys repeat the long list posted on XC90 before. lol

I only want two things most:
- voice nav, please, well, will come with Android UI.
- Don't disable ACC when I press brake. Just remember the reduced speed, and maintain distance from front car.
Oh well, I want the PA from S60 to be ported to old models, which hopefully handles curves nicely.

Oh, and T8 on V60CC, which they will never make. :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
and Auto Start/Stop (disabled). Yes, compliance with EPA rating prevents Volvo to allow switching it off permanently, blah-blah. At least give us an option to set the car the way we like it with a single push, not through the touch-screen every bloody time.
All 2019 Volvo’s have had this feature...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Household power outlet " - which one would you like? 110V or 220V? 50 or 60Hz. Why do you need it?

Krzyś
Which ever one needed for your country. Charge laptops and tablets and other accessories that require an households outlet.

Agreed one of the things that makes Sensus so great is that it's super simple and not overcrowded with menus like MBUX, iDrive, or MMI. You have 3 screens: one for controls, media functions and a screen with all your apps. It's simple and only takes me 1 second to access a feature, while on other systems you have to go through multiple menus to find one feature.
I hate when manufactures use android try to dumb it down by keeping it barebones. The whole of android is customization and feature access, you can make it as simple as you want to be or much more detailed the point is to be able to have access like the other systems. MBUX, iDrive, or MMI gets the basics and so much more right. Like why doesnt steering wheel controls have long press seek for am/fm or interface for siriusxm doesnt scroll down button press.

·
Registered
911 Posts
-Fully auto setting on climate control - full fan range auto
That already exists, just set the fan speed to 5. Read the owners manual it explains how the fan speed in the auto setting sets the max allowable speed. So if you want full range, you set it to 5 and will go as high as 5 or as low as 1. Set it to 3 and it will go as high as 3 and as low as 1.

·
Registered
826 Posts
All 2019 Volvo’s have had this feature...

I guess you are referring to the start/stop, great. Still want last Sensus configuration remembered - why is that too much to ask. I really don't need to see home screen every time I start the car and waste my time clicking around to get it to my preferred state. And a simple PHYSICAL button to access Individual mode with a single push, not haptic via display or even scrolling. I am impatient :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Which ever one needed for your country. Charge laptops and tablets and other accessories that require an households outlet.

I hate when manufactures use android try to dumb it down by keeping it barebones. The whole of android is customization and feature access, you can make it as simple as you want to be or much more detailed the point is to be able to have access like the other systems. MBUX, iDrive, or MMI gets the basics and so much more right. Like why doesnt steering wheel controls have long press seek for am/fm or interface for siriusxm doesnt scroll down button press.
I don’t understand what you’re trying to say

·
Registered
853 Posts
That already exists, just set the fan speed to 5. Read the owners manual it explains how the fan speed in the auto setting sets the max allowable speed. So if you want full range, you set it to 5 and will go as high as 5 or as low as 1. Set it to 3 and it will go as high as 3 and as low as 1.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. My impression so far was that it would have a "minimum speed" i.e. it seems that no matter the airflow needs, switching between say 3 and 5 *always* results in fan speed going up or down. I'll leave it in 5 for a couple weeks and see if that is truly the case.

·
Registered
667 Posts
- ability to permanently disable auto-start/stop
- ability to permanently disable the car locking when the car starts to move
- all major climate controls put back into knobs/dials/buttons
- drive-mode roller dial moved to the steering wheel
- engine temperature gauge put back into the instrument panel
- have the option to have the car start in your individual mode every time (as per key memory)
- regular engine tachometer in all Volvo PHEVs (T8s)
- 20-kWh battery pack in all Volvo PHEVs (T8s)
- twice as many fan speeds for heat and AC
- option to have opaque glass-roof interior covering (instead of translucent one)
- option to have CD player
- option to not have panoramic glass roof
- option to have panoramic glass roof that does not open
- option to not have auto-dimming mirrors (I find them too dark in daylight)
- 18- or 19-gallon gas tank as an option on all Volvos
- PHEV versions of Cross Country wagons
- option of infrared night-vision camera
- more storage in the front for smart-phone placement, etc.
- better placement of USB ports
- two sun visors for both front seats -- one for side window and one for front windshield (for when the sun is off at 45 degrees or so, and you're moving a lot on curvy roads, so you don't have to keep moving the sun visor)
- front windshield heating element (for quickly removing snow/ice/condensation without air and without wires)
- paddle shifters as an option on all Volvos
- and, sorry, can't resist: option for a naturally aspirated V6 engine (without superchargers or turbochargers)
- option to have more individual options (so you don't have to buy an expensive package to get just one or two options that you want, with others you don't want or don't need)

All of these are available in other brands' cars (not all in the same vehicle) for MY 2018 or MY2019, so they are all realistic options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, nbvolks, for that explanation. My question is, what if you want it to blow at 5 no matter what ... and auto change the coldness coming out to keep your specified temperature? I cannot figure out how to do this.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank you, nbvolks, for that explanation. My question is, what if you want it to blow at 5 no matter what ... and auto change the coldness coming out to keep your specified temperature? I cannot figure out how to do this.
Turn off auto, set the temp to desired setting and leave it at 5? That's probably not going to give you what you want exact, but that's pretty much what you described.

The auto setting determines:
1. Fan speed capped at the limit you set.
2. Which vents are used. (defrost vents, dash, floor)
3. Recirculation is automated.
4. A/C compressor engagement is automated.
5. I 'think' it more actively compensates for temperature fluctuations based on various sensor inputs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts