SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I still had the photos to share but I had a beautiful black/ tan 03 S60 2.5 HPT with the sport suspension (17” wheels, lower/stiffer springs that I loved. One evening in 08 we were headed home and driving alongside the local mall when I saw a beater Honda Accord coming fast in one of the exit lanes and perpendicular to us. I was able to get out a “don’t do it” and an attempt to steer to left when the accord driver T boned us between the P/S front wheel and P/S door. My evasion attempt did place is at an angle so I was able to rotate the car at impact rather than taking the brunt. We were shaken up but sustained no serious injuries , the other driver was taken by ambulance and the accord was, accordianed. The impact transference system that Volvo engineered work its wonders and the force was spread along the body. The S60 was totaled but we were not, and that’s all that mattered.

·
Super Moderator
8,510 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got away from the brand for a little while after that; the area never had a dealer so it was hard to find a nice one nearby. Actually looking into a 14 XC70 now.

·
Super Moderator
8,510 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts