SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust? Fitment? Sound? I guess in a few days it won't matter as it's sitting in a box next to me waiting for the larger rear valance to be painted!!

I also ordered the automatic shift knob. Straightforward install. It's very nice, compact and sits much lower than the stock unit. There's no button to press, the entire knob is pressed in order to shift gear positions.

I finally broke down and also ordered the IPD rear sway bar and links. I figure it'll all get installed at the same time with the exhaust.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
687 Posts
awesome !!! awaiting updates & pics

·
Registered
299 Posts
rwecked are you located in the montreal area?
If so, I'm convinced i saw your car multiple times in the parking lot of Rockland, possible?

Btw welcome to the forum and nice car!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rwecked are you located in the montreal area?
If so, I'm convinced i saw your car multiple times in the parking lot of Rockland, possible?

Btw welcome to the forum and nice car!
No I'm in the Mississauga/Oakville area (GTA). Thanks!!

The diffuser is at the shop getting painted. I'm not going to get it painted in the body color, chose a matte gunmetal so the carbon fiber insert will be visible. I ended up buying two back up sensors to fill in the holes rather than have the body shop fill them.

Had to adjust the knob up a bit as it was hitting the trim when selecting "-" Maybe I'm missing something but I don't have to press down on it to get it out of park, stepping on the brake is enough to get it out of gear. Feels great though. :thumbup:

I'm hoping the exhaust sounds good as is, if not I'm planning on removing the resonator and just going with a straight pipe.

I'll take a few pics later today and tomorrow when I get back to the office where the exhaust is sitting.

Next up...snow tires! I'm going to throw snows on my stock 18's and begin searching for 19's for the spring. Might throw in coilovers ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
No I'm in the Mississauga/Oakville area (GTA). Thanks!!

The diffuser is at the shop getting painted. I'm not going to get it painted in the body color, chose a matte gunmetal so the carbon fiber insert will be visible. I ended up buying two back up sensors to fill in the holes rather than have the body shop fill them.

Had to adjust the knob up a bit as it was hitting the trim when selecting "-" Maybe I'm missing something but I don't have to press down on it to get it out of park, stepping on the brake is enough to get it out of gear. Feels great though. :thumbup:

I'm hoping the exhaust sounds good as is, if not I'm planning on removing the resonator and just going with a straight pipe.

I'll take a few pics later today and tomorrow when I get back to the office where the exhaust is sitting.

Next up...snow tires! I'm going to throw snows on my stock 18's and begin searching for 19's for the spring. Might throw in coilovers ;)
There's a bolt in the top side of the knob. Remove the knob, remove the bolt, lift the plastic piece from the shifter up and place the knob over it while get the bolt through that hole. Could be dangerous if you accidently hit the shifter while in "D" and whines up in "R".

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If you don't have to press the knob down then you did something wrong and it is in the down position all the time. It will hit the trim if you shift into D with it pressed down but not in manual mode on "-".
It's easy to take it out and put it back together. I found it best to install the three little screws in a partial position then slide it in and tighten.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought I was missing something! I'll go take a quick peek now

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a bolt in the top side of the knob. Remove the knob, remove the bolt, lift the plastic piece from the shifter up and place the knob over it while get the bolt through that hole. Could be dangerous if you accidently hit the shifter while in "D" and whines up in "R".
Bingo! That did the trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust? Fitment? Sound? I guess in a few days it won't matter as it's sitting in a box next to me waiting for the larger rear valance to be painted!!

I also ordered the automatic shift knob. Straightforward install. It's very nice, compact and sits much lower than the stock unit. There's no button to press, the entire knob is pressed in order to shift gear positions.

I finally broke down and also ordered the IPD rear sway bar and links. I figure it'll all get installed at the same time with the exhaust.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Is the rear valence required to fit the new exhaust?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need the new diffuser/valance of you want to use the quad tip exhaust.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Install time...

Stock

Diffuser off

Bye bye

Now that's better

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Install time...

Stock

Diffuser off

Bye bye

Now that's better
I simply love it! To bad I have too much money to spend on home renovations to get that exhaust :-(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, how do you like the sound?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks awesome. I keep walking around the back of the car to stare at it. Slight drone at 80kph. I'll have to recheck the clamps tomorrow. No huge difference. I was considering removing the resonator...

·
Registered
299 Posts
nice like the carbon fiber insert!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the insert as well, really sets it off. A little more sound would've been ok but it's ok for now. We'll see if it "opens up" as it wears in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts