SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my friends car which is now mine. Car was running and was as reliable as usual. Car was towed home due to a transmission issue(clutch).

Now the car is not starting. Cranking yes but not running although it sounds like it kinda wants to. Car is getting fuel as I can smell that but after pulling a plug/coil I couldn't see it making a spark.

Car is an 01 S60 T5 Manual:

-All new 5 coils within the last 2 years.
-All timing marks line up
-No codes
-Battery was not holding a charge. Swapped the battery with my C70. Stronger crank but still no start

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Did you fix the clutch issue? If the car threw pieces of the clutch around it might have damaged the crank position sensor. Simple to try swapping with a new or even a junkyard unit. Or possibly the C70 sensor if it's a P80 car.

Also it should be throwing a code explaining why it won't start, so get you some VIDA before diving down the well of just bolting parts on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look in the message window (bottom right of the dash cluster) and see if it says "start prevented" I have a bad master control for the windows in my car and it gets funky with the alarm system occasionally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts