SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just crossed over 4,500 miles and my average mileage (nearly 50% highway, 50% city) is 27.6. I am going on a business trip where I will be driving this coming week. I will put on about 1,000 miles on my S60. I should be over 28 mpg, hoping to be near 29. So far I am pleased with the mpg totals of my S60.

How are other S60 T5 owners faring? S60 T6 owners please feel free to give totals, too! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've got 8250 miles on the clock and I've been getting a consistent 20 MPG city on regular gas.
I got 27 out of it on the highway so your numbers are pretty impressive.

·
Registered
451 Posts
so far we put about 4000 miles on our 2013 T5 and i am very pleased with the mileage.
we drive autobahn, city, country road (1/3 each) and i am averaging 27.9 mpg.
and i am not even trying to save gas yet, because it is just so much fun to drive, especially in sport mode on the twisty and hilly country roads here in germany - and on rather empty strips on the autobahn i had it up to 130 mph quite a few times so far...

fritz

·
Registered
151 Posts
8300 miles in here and I generally get around 21mpg around town and 28-32mpg on longer highway trips.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bet you get better then 29. thats what i get on long trips and i have a t6.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
My 2013 T5 AWD is getting about 23mpg around town and the best on the highway has been 28mpg. I have 1700 miles.

The 6hr trip up to the Volvo HQ open house later this month will be a good test.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just completed the first half of my road trip. I am now averaging 28.9 mpg at just over 5,000 miles. Of course I will be driving uphill on the return (from Kansas to Colorado). I am hoping to maintain the 28.9 or maybe cross over to 29.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm jealous! My driving is almost exclusively city, and I average about 17 mpg on premium fuel. Having the new Sensus update with the trip computer and graphing helps, as I try to be more conscious of my driving. I don't think I drive too hard, but maybe I do.

When I have taken road trips, like a recent weekend trip to Charlottesville, VA, my average was about 29-30 mpg highway.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
At 18500 miles on the clock, on premium 91 octance fuel, I average 17-18mpg in the city, and 23 freeway. On my last trip 1300 oklahoma city to los angeles I saw 29mpg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In 3 tanks of fuel, I have done 23.8 mpg (mix of 60/40 city and highway), 30.5 mpg (all highway), and 21 mpg (mix of city highway 60/40 but with a lead foot). I am VERY impressed for those who are getting 25+!

·
Registered
146 Posts
According to Fuelly:

That's mostly mixed driving. Wife commutes during week days, and I drive it more spiritedly on weekends.

·
Registered
248 Posts
around town, with a highway/city mix, i average 27mph.

on a long trip to Vermont and back (highways), I got 32.5mph

·
Registered
147 Posts
around town, with a highway/city mix, i average 27mph.

on a long trip to Vermont and back (highways), I got 32.5mph
+1 I get pretty much the same as Weedy. I have 24,850 on the clock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just did 585 miles today. On board computer average - 34.8 mpg. Calculated real mileage - 32.7 mpg.

·
Registered
329 Posts
T6 RD:

21.5 MPG city
27 MPG highway (latest trip)

Use 100% no eth 91 pump premium since day 1

This was not based on the gauge but rather simple math (Miles driven/size of tank)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My onboard computer is showing 29.0 mpg at 5,500+ miles so far. That included filling up with 89 octane ethanol blend gas in Kansas. I am pleased with the mileage totals so far.

·
Registered
897 Posts
12 T6 here and I avergae 20-21 regularly although I have boosted it to 28 when babying it. Babying is NOT my instinct though. Typical driving for me is "spirited" to say the least! I hit 100+ every day and then sit in traffic in the afternoons. I cruise on the highway between80-100 and I can get 24-25 easily when running all highway at that speed. It's the stop and go that kills my average along with my lead foot! 41k+ on the clock now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's a spreadsheet I keep for my 2012 S60 T5. Mix of driving, although the 28-29 mpg stints were mostly interstate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mpg on recent trip

My wife and I travelled from Pittsburgh to Hilton Head, SC and return last week, about a 2,000 mile trip, in our new 2013 S60 T5 FWD. At speeds between 65 and 75 mph we got 31 mpg on hilly terrian and 33 mph on the flatlands. This was on regular with the AC on and the trunk loaded, including a tempra spare. These numbers are based on our computations. The car computer was showing about 1.5 gallons better. I'm happy with those numbers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts