SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 100 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Ugg, at least it's halfway done already. Is that a stock front swaybar? You should consider upgrading to the IPD sway bars, nice products, great ride.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
yeah i have stock sways bars, i will have on my list for new mods lol, now i need to end all this process to enjoy my setup. Discovered that i need new cv boot too.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
well today i was did replace all my vacuum lines with 4.5mm turbosmart silicone hose, looks really good and the wall is 4mm which is much more better than normal silicone vacuum hoses out there. Also got my new TCV from Chris at IPD and was trying to figure out where to install it and ended on my BSR intake heat shield, looks really clean and everything is good.

Also with my TCV got a few other stuff, ipd subrame bushing, steering boot, cv joint boot. Hope to take picture on the last things, i just trying to decide with clutch kit to get, my SPEC stage III plus die on me last week just before starting to have fun with the car. Well i guess patience is the clue here. Something that i really wanted to do since last year is putting new flex guard on all my coil wires, looks really clean now.
TCV install on my BSR intake shield

Vacuum lines

flex proterctors

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
well, after trying to figure out of converting my dual mass flywheel with single mass and R Spec clutch and found that is really interesting how we can also use 850R single mass flywheel and clutch which is bolt on, i just did a chance to my local special machine shop to inspect my flywheel.

After they checked got a call about everything is perfect and it can be resurface with the special machine that they have for DM, also i will need to get my SPEC Stage 3+ and give them a call later so they can double check the depth and make any calibration if is necessary. Total cost of the resurface was $40 bucks. I got a good price on the Stage 3+ cause we a spec dealer in our performance shop, so well i guess seems to be better and better, cant wait to drive my car again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Numbers yet? I've been out of the loop on pretty much every aspect of the forum...

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I was waitin to drive my car a few more miles to boost it and my sleeve and clutch die on me!!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ah I see, that blows!

You close to buttoning everything back up and letting it break in the clutch then some dyno time or not so soon now?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Hope soon.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If this works, does this mean i can convert my M66W trans from dual to single mass?GL

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
diablo, you have M66, SPEC carry the single mass flywheel exactly for your tranny, you will need to use the R clutch too(the same tranny). Here is the link of the SPEC clutch website for the info:

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Volvo/S60R/2005/Single

Let me know if you are interested,. I didnt use the R clutch and flywheel cause the M56 use 22 Splines and m66 use 23. SPEC offers me to build a special disc for me but i will keep my dual mass cause it like new now.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well here is the list of my order for my fmic project:
Universal 27.25x8.75x2.5 Intercooler
2" to 2.5" 90 Degree Silicone Reducer Coupler Blue 2.5" 90 Degree Silicone Coupler Blue
2.5" 45 Degree Silicone Coupler Blue
2.5"" T-Bolt Clamp

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
well here is some pics of my FMIC, finally have the time to check how the intercooler will fit and spacers i need to put the radiator an ac together. Everything looks perfect fit, just need to get the 2.5" pipes and cut, spent almost all day checking how many spacers i need in different location.

Here is the pics of the hoses and intercooler.

Spacers, i use this on my RC gas engines airplanes

Intercooler and 90 deg hoses

Drivers side

Passager side

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
here is driver side spacers down and up

passager side spacers

I did trim the upper part of the front, no cut.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks great!! Still can't wait to see some videos once she's up and running at full steam!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
thanks!!! my clutch suppose to arrive wed. So hope to have this car running on friday or before :)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
we have a performance shop and one of our suppliers has all king of hoses and intercoolers :). Today i went to my local muffler shop so they can make me the joiners, everything will be ready by tomorrow. From what i see a P2 intercooler kit can be made for less than $250 bucks

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Got the parts back. The 90 deg pipe goes from the charge pipe hose to the 90 deg intercooler coupler. I did made 2 joiners for the drivers side

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well today i almost finish the FMIC, got the parts from my local exhaust shop.

Here is the passager side coupler with the 90 deg pipe that goes to the inlet pipe hose

81 - 100 of 235 Posts