SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Def. i will, i like the idea to show poeple that things can be done easy and save $$$ going with the right things from the right source :). I did think to sold my car and get an R but honestly, i really like this car and for all the years no major problems on it, so why sell it. lol.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Def. i will, i like the idea to show poeple that things can be done easy and save $$$ going with the right things from the right source :). I did think to sold my car and get an R but honestly, i really like this car and for all the years no major problems on it, so why sell it. lol.
you haven't had to replace your DIM or radio yet? (both seem fairly common, both of mine are on the way out)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Nop, everything is fine.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
im so excited!!! everything is here, hope to take pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Awesome!!! I wish I had a build as big as this!!! haha Someday when I find a spare motor to dump a bunch of gooddies into and then install as a complete package. Until then I'll piece this bad b!tch together and work with what I got. lol

Can't wait for the pics, hope the install of everything goes without problems and you can get some videos of this thing together and tearing up the roads!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
well lets the fun begin!!!!, here is some pics of the parts that i got. You will see the R manifold vs Stock T5 manifold, how is the difference on the cool side of the turbo and hot side of the K24 and the TD04HL 16T from my T5.

the R-K24 turbo seems a bit bigger and robust, i was surprised that the downpipe flange is exactly the same.(nice pics from my brother in law lol).

ARD ECU arrived with Erie Vovo huge box.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You can see the difference on the R manifold vs stock T5.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Now, interesting data of the turbos R vs 16T(which has new owner!!!)

Here you can compare the different size of the cold side:

Now the hot side:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
its little bit hard to take the pictures of the hot and cold side of the turbos due all the different lines, etc passing around, but i guess we can have an idea of the difference between them. I really lile how the erie volvo turbo came, 0, yes 0 shaft play, everything was well packed and caps to avoid any dirty inside the turbo.

Here is some more pics of the inlet.

more idea of the turbine.

Sorry for the pictures, hard to take the the correct angle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow I guess that will be a BIT of an improvement over your setup now. Damn... minus 1 gear and .2L's of displacement you have an R now lol.

Everything looks real clean and I want to see what this setup puts you at numbers wise on the rollers!!! This weekend you installing it all or still have other odds and ends to finish first?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
well yesterday we chech fitment on everything, i most say almost all the parts are plug and play from the R to the T5, the R manifold, k24 turbo, all the bolt patters are the same, also one of my concerns was the downpipe flange but no problem at all, the only thing that need to be corrected is the nipple on the cooling pipe, i just cut the nipple, and welded in other place. After this everything will be perfect. Hope to install today almost all the parts.

Here is some pics of the turbo.

where the turbo kits the line

what i did:

new place of the nipple:

the manifold installed on the head:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
installed, looks great, no more issues.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Good to hear it's coming together, should be very rewarding to get it back on the road and let that sucker spool up! I also am a big fan of how "swappable" all the parts are between models and years, it's like Volvo was actually thinking ahead when they designed this stuff!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looking good!
What are you doing with the pre-turbo air intake setup?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
woosh! looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
turbo installed, with all the lines. here is some pics.

Head on place

cams

and testing the R charge pipe, fits perfect.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
here is how the coolant pipe mode looks with the turbo installed! perfect.

Installed my Snabb intake pipe, i didnt need to modify anything, just reduce the 3" hose about 3/4" to fit fine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice, when is the first start-up going to be? How much left do you have to do to finish it off?

You running the poly Snabb intake manifold spacer to help keep IAT's down at all? Figure while it's all apart $35 isn't going to break the bank and have heard only good things come from it.

To the point where after a few WOT pulls and pulling over the drivers have been able to touch/palm the intake manifold and it not be dramatically hot to the touch.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
i hope today is the day that we can start that engine, i didnt see any intake spacer, sounds interesting!!!.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 235 Posts