SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
well called today Adam from Erie VoVo, he got me a amazing deal for the green injectors, $125 shipped including rail(of course i will not need it cause mine doesnt have FPS). But i guess the injectors price is great. So i guess im complete now.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I never mentioned installing the 19T, rather the 18T and I decided to hold off as I have other projects at the moment.

Good thread, glad to see you are going to upgrade from the 16T. Few questions for you, are you having the turbo rebuilt prior to installing it? Having the injectors cleaned and flowed? It only makes sense when you are doing this much and risk getting used parts, one partially clogged injector can put you right back at this point if you saw Husseins melted pistons you know what I mean.

Keep it up man, good luck with the project!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We have a short here that we work with in all our performance project in my shop with fuel system related jobs, , and they will clean my injectors. Lucky told me to tune with my blue stock injectors with my setup, he is tha man so i will not use the green yet. About the turbo we will see in what condition is, i know some people that ordered the k24 from Erie vovo and the turbos were in perfect condition so we will see. All the used parts that im getting comes from a low mile R.

Hope to get back my head by friday, will post pics!!!. We are lnow installing the pistons and bearing in my car.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well finally the pistons are in, and the best thing my ECU is on the way back to me, Lucky did the flash in a couple of hours, then i got an email with pics!!! of the process and news that my ECU was ready to ship back, thats amazing service!!!.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
pistons install

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well finally the pistons are in, and the best thing my ECU is on the way back to me, Lucky did the flash in a couple of hours, then i got an email with pics!!! of the process and news that my ECU was ready to ship back, thats amazing service!!!.

I don't know what all that means but I like it!!! Can't wait to see the finish product, I'm hoping to go the same route in the next six months or so. BTW, how did you run your water and oil lines for the turbo? I heard they're run differently than our cars.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The turbo will arrives next week and i will compare, for what i understand if you get the S60R oil and cooling lines everything is plug and play to our block. Cant wait to have the parts back. My head is ready too!! but i dont want to install it. I want to check all the turbo setup without the head installed.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you haven't sold the 16T yet could you post a comparison picture next to the K24 please?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes Sir!!! i will, i have one person pending for payment but it will be great if we do a comparison.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
well today we have more time to work on the car, got my head back from the machine shop, really nice work from them. I did have to replace a few threats with helicoils, but ended to make all the threads, so i will be safe putting back the head. I did remove the valve cover 2 times before, thats why some of the threats were damage. Installed new water pump, pulley. The oil pan is back in position too.

Oil pan ready to install

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
here is some pics of the head.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
well today i did have the time to put some heat protecting tube on some cables that were exposed.

Also i took the time to take some measure on the stock intercooler, maybe i will have the time to make my DIY upgrade.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh yeah that stock intercooler has to go!!! Let that compressor breathe!!! lol

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
lol, i know!!! i ordered a 27.5x11x3 intercooler, the core is 21x11x3and some coupler, reducers to start to play with that, hope to post pics when i have the time, first i need to finish this and have fun :). I did a lot of draws so everything seems to be possible to make for les than $200 bucks. (i hope).

·
Registered
416 Posts
That's right around where I paid for my setup. between $180-200 and then $200 +/- $20 for the FMIC (Mishimoto). I do want to go bigger than the one I have now (core: 20x7x2.5) to something more like 20/18x11/12x3 but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
show me pics!!! will be interesting to see your setup. Hope to get my intercooler next week, seems to arrive next wed according the tracking info.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol, i know!!! i ordered a 27.5x11x3 intercooler, the core is 21x11x3and some coupler, reducers to start to play with that, hope to post pics when i have the time, first i need to finish this and have fun :). I did a lot of draws so everything seems to be possible to make for les than $200 bucks. (i hope).
:thumbup:

That core should do you well, the kit most of us R guys use for custom FMIC setups (myself included, gets here tomorrow! :D) is a 29x11x3 total size with a 22x11x3 core. Everything I ordered, including extra couplers, piping, and a steel insert to sleeve the plastic cold side piping was less than $280 shipped.

Glad to see someone is going smart and "building" a 2.3! I'm jealous of your peace of mind, when it comes to cracking a cylinder sleeve that is . Can't wait to see what sort of power this thing can make when it's all finished

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm still overseas until the end of this month but I will get around to taking some pictures by the end of the month (if you can wait that long, you might already have yours together).

I agree, I love the torque of the 2.5 LPT but the risks are much higher, I continue to juggle the idea of doing a 50 or 54 trim setup with a bigger hot side to keep boost out of the lower RPMs but I'm still not sure if I want to put my DD through that type of "abuse" as some seem to call it. a solid 2.3L build would be a lot safer option but with the $1000 or so for a decent engine I could use that for new rods and go the 5X trim setup.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Remember, the clue of avoid any bend rod or crack on the cylinder is how much boost you will build in low rpms, thats why a good tune will help to control that. Thats why i feel safe cause Lucky did an amazing job on my flash.

21 - 40 of 235 Posts