SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty unhappy with handling over 160 KPH on almost any surface or at lower speeds on really twisty roads. I find that I get the wheels rubbing on the well liners on tight aggressive lower speed corners or on dips at higher speeds. I also notice a lot of "float" at speeds of about 200 KMH or above. I want to make some upgrades to diminish or eliminate (if possible) these tendancies. What would be the most important upgrades in order? Springs, Dampers, anti-sway bars? I notice that product selection seems pretty limited in all these areas for the S60 at this time. Eibach and TME/IPD offer springs, Koni Sports for dampners and IPD say that anti-sways will be available in the June 1st catalog and that seems to be about it AFAIK. I don't want to add downforce through skirts or other areodynamic means. I also don't really want the car to look "slammed" although I am prepared to lower it with springs...speaking of springs...what about camber adjustment? I have a 2001 T5 without the sport suspension option (I don't think it was available in Canada at the time). Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately, the Sport Suspension would have probably done the trick. My '02 T5 has it and I found it better than the regular susp with the Tethys wheels. I think the springs are only slightly firmer but the susp has more to do with the roll bars. The regular suspension has a 23.5mm front bar and 19mm rear. The Sport has 24mm front/21mm rear and recalibrated F/R shock absorbers, which sounds like what you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts