SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a sub in the S60?

I know that the amp is under the driver's seat and I can get a harness adapter to splice into meaning the original cabling is untouched.

What I'm not sure about is running the cables, especially the power cable. In my C30 you could remove the glovebox and behind the fuse box there was a giant grommet that you could run the power cable through. Is this the same on the S60?

Anyone with pictures of their install would be good too!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I installed ham and CB radios in my trunk using the 40A circuit intended for powering trailers. There is a fuse box in the trunk. All I had to do was drop a fuse in and pull power off the output lead in the back.

The dealer installed an after-market accessory back there and use a spade lug on the hot side (no fuse). I corrected that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My amp will require something between 0 and 4 guage cable. Surely any existing cable in the car won't be that thick.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I use it to drive a JBL MS-8 and a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 (both mounted in trunk)
with a 20 Amp fuse. I suspect it is right at the limit but it works. But if you want a large
(small gauge) power cable to the amp, or will be running a very large amp, then you will
have to run a wire right to the battery since there are no super heavy wires to the trunks
fuse box. You could always try it and then re-power as necessary.

The PDFs Volvo has available for installing accessories are a big help for this sort of thing in that
the various guides show how to remove interior trim, center console, radio, trunk trim, tap off
the battery (have to do it after the low voltage sensor, I think), rear deck removal, seat removal,
and they have the correct torque settings, etc. You have to poke around to
find them all (but worth the time):

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac...WD/Automatic/L.H.D/List/audio/drivers-support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts