SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't like it; it's not sporty. Expecially after looking at some pictures of the beautiful MOMO 3-spoke wheel in my old Legacy GT (yes, that one could have been thicker, but it was beautiful to look at).

Has anyone tried to wrap the chrome/aluminum portion with leather or otherwise black it out? That may help create the appearence of a more proper 3-spoke.

Even the old R steering wheel in my XC90 RD looks more sporty than the S60 wheel.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i love mine !

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I have no problems with the way my RD steering wheel looks or feels. Coming from an S60R, this one feels much better in grip (thicker).

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have a nice steering wheel from an old car i was thinking of putting in to my R, but i have a feeling my wife would kill me for not having an airbag :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
It is MUCH improved over the old gen S60 steering wheel (non R varients). Much thicker and more engaging. I for one love the chrome accents, perhaps because they offset the grey exterior and black interior well.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
It is MUCH improved over the old gen S60 steering wheel (non R varients). Much thicker and more engaging. I for one love the chrome accents, perhaps because they offset the grey exterior and black interior well.
+1 I actually have no problem with even the regular steering wheel in my fiancee's 2013 T5 AWD.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've seen a few folks that have retrofitted the new steering wheel into the last generation S60s and an XC90. I definitely prefer mine over the older version in the V50.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I actually love my RD wheel. I can't say the same for the shift knob which I do find to be a tad boring. I'm dying to get that one replaced with a sportier one.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I actually love my RD wheel. I can't say the same for the shift knob which I do find to be a tad boring. I'm dying to get that one replaced with a sportier one.
Hieco has one if you have the $$$

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
226 Posts

Yes; I saw that one. I was also considering a Momo knob like the one Arith had posted.

·
Registered
459 Posts
One of the best steering wheels I've ever used. Feels perfect and looks very fine to my eyes.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts

I inquired about the heico steering wheel... it's like $2000! Maybe one day but I love the steering wheel especially the aluminum insert.

You can get a matte black insert if you don't like the aluminum one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Would think the tradeoff in losing the cruise control and radio buttons would not make swapping the wheel worth it

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
I think the wheel is great in these cars - much better than my '05 R.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Would think the tradeoff in losing the cruise control and radio buttons would not make swapping the wheel worth it
The heico wheel has all the buttons as the stock steering wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My big problem with the steering wheel is that when I have to drive my Honda Odyssey, with its skinny steering wheel, I have withdrawal symptoms :). I like the S60 steering wheel, very comfortable on long trips (well, I only did a 300 mile trip so far).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts