SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish they would remove the wipers for the headlights and replace with power washers like Audi and Mercedes. Well at least we will be getting AWD

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GregM:<BR><B>I wish they would remove the wipers for the headlights and replace with power washers like Audi and Mercedes. Well at least we will be getting AWD</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The power washers that Audi, BMW, and Mercedes have are pretty nice. I have seen them in action and used them on a Mercedes-Benz E320 with HID Xenons. Some of the AudiWorld folks seem to have problems with their washer covers flying off at higher speeds.<P>But the real truth is that they do not work as well as Volvo and Saab wiper/washers, although they are more aerodynamically friendly. The power washers do almost nothing when there are bugs and grime stuck to the headlights. I guess it all depends on what your needs are.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drew,<P>Thanks for the reply. What I don't like about the wipers on the headlights is that I see alot of them that are not back in their resting place, down all the way. Alot of times I see them stopped in mid swipe, and it looks tacky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, sometimes one is at rest and the other is stopped in mid swipe, and that looks even more tacky

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And while I am at it.....how about rear side airbags.....i know there is a side curtain air bag.....but how about some bags to protect your lower body? BMW, Mercedes and Audi offer them.....why not Volvo?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
GregM,<P>I agree with you about the wipers being stuck in the wrong position. That is one thing that I don't like about the wiper system.<P>The reason that Volvo does not have side-impact rear airbags is because they are not safe for use when children are sitting in the back. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes that come to the dealer with the rear side-airbag option come with them disabled. After the owners are told about the dangers and cautions about them, they then decide if they want them turned on.<P>I agree with you, I wish Volvo would at least give owners this option, but there are front seat mounted side airbags that protect the lower body.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drew,<P>So what you are telling me is that Volvo ASSUMES that ONLY children will ever ride in the back seat of their cars?<P>They should at least make it an option.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Greg,<P>That is the main reason that I have heard as to why they don't offer rear side impact airbags. I am sure that they know that other people ride in the back other than children, but I am unsure as to why they don't offer it as an option at least.<P>-Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts