SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that my s60 is finally fixed I wanted to add something to the car , I was thinking of a roof rack of looks and to maybe load my bike during the summer , what do u guys think , any pictures :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't have any pics of my set up at the moment but I use the factory load bars (made by Thule for Volvo) with the Thule 872xt fairing (44"). I think it looks pretty badass. If you search google you should find a few threads with pics though

·
Registered
877 Posts
Heres a pic of mine(in the back) and then my buddies s60r(in the front) both have factory thule roof racks with the thule 872xt fairing which you cant really see. I had a universal yakima load bars before and I'm so glad i sold them to get the factory thule ones. I currently have the kayak/canoe carriers on mine which came with it since i bought the load bars and kayak holders as package on ebay used for 100 bucks. Look for deals on the classifieds they usually pop up.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You can get the factory thule load bars for a decent price too. I think online they're $150. At least on Ebay.

·
Registered
556 Posts

OEM load bars and 44 inch Thule fairing

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have to say it... I just do not like roof racks on cars - period.

Mini vans, or SUVs OK....

They just ruin the flow of the car - I guess if the car is your only mode of transportation then it is what it is.
Luckily I have an old mini van that I use for hauling the fresh cut Christmas tree home with, or take camping with my Scouts , haul larger objects etc.. It's an old POS but it runs OK and does the job.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Roof racks are another preference just like wheels are. I love the way they look on our cars because I have grown up in ******* areas and every car has had roof racks, without them the car looks too bare and naked for me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I grew up in NJ - Been in NC for 19+ years now - so I feel you on the "******* Areas" LOL...
I am always scanning the horizon and sometimes I think it maybe a cop car with roof lights coming my way...
It's just not my thing -

·
Registered
273 Posts
Haha I can see the police resemblance. I hope you have a radar detector, NC radar laws are a lot more lenient than Virginia's.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah Va is bad news for detectors... Unless you have one of the undetectable detectors.
I currently do not have a detector - In fact I am researching them now and I am loosing my mind reading all the info out there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
VA is just bad for customizing cars at all. Researching laws is a PITA because every place has a different answer and government web sites are impossible to use. Good luck finding what you need.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Arrived yesterday from Tasca, box was beat up but the racks are perfect. Took less than a minute to install each bar, no joke, plug and play Thule style. Waiting for the fairing to arrive now.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Assembling the fairing can be a pain in the ass. It's real easy but you will know what I mean when you do it. The little plastic arms feel like they are going to break when you are putting it together.

And get ready for your MPG to go down with the fairing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Roof racks are another preference just like wheels are. I love the way they look on our cars because I have grown up in ******* areas and every car has had roof racks, without them the car looks too bare and naked for me.
Haha thats exactly how i describe my car without my roof rack "naked"! But yeah to each his own, i think roof racks look great on our cars, and pretty much all sedans. However on coupes I dont prefer them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As they would say on Monty Pythons Flying Circus....

and Now for something completely different.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts