SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
VIVA needs to change their product description then. That is probably why KPAX recommends 19" Wheels (BBS wheels they sell) to go along with the Brembo GT kit they sell.
Good catch! We've actually removed the Brembo GT BBK from our website, as Brembo is no longer offering the kit in 2016.

I'm sourcing 336mm slotted rotors from EBC, the different caliper carriers for the bigger rotors and to top it all up these brake lines.
Still I'm having second thoughts about which pad to use, any word on that?
Heard some good things about EBCs Yellow Stuff pads...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only pad I've found to hold up well in aggressive street driving and light track due is the Porterfield R4-S pads. They can manage the heavy Volvo platforms rather well and are quite affordable, IMO: Front Pads - T6 AWD, Rear Pads

·
Registered
889 Posts
Good catch! We've actually removed the Brembo GT BBK from our website, as Brembo is no longer offering the kit in 2016.

The only pad I've found to hold up well in aggressive street driving and light track due is the Porterfield R4-S pads. They can manage the heavy Volvo platforms rather well and are quite affordable, IMO: Front Pads - T6 AWD, Rear Pads
Carbotech 1521's survived 20 mins at sebring running low 2:30's lap times with no fade and are fantastic low dust no noise on the street. I don't like Carbotech's for racing with single piston calipers as they use generic backing plates for the pads and I've had a few of them Bannana on me over longer race distances. But I like the feel of the pad compounds , I like that they are very rotor friendly and they work great on a multi piston caliper.

For track only, I run HAWK DTC70's (mainly cause I can get them wholesale) and when I feel like spending a few extra bucks I like the Cobalt XR1 pads. I just don't like them ENOUGH to spend the extra $80.

Do you know if Brembo will continue to offer the rotor rings for this kit? I know they are currently available but PRICEY so i'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy em now while I can get em as back ups.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
UPDATE
My S60 came out of the body shop finally last week Friday.
So I ordered a Brembo GT-R kit from KPax (hopefully in blue or silver) and Peter from KPax told me they've got several kits on the way, so if anyone of you wants one... NOW is the time.
Since I don't live in the US the delivery will take a bit longer, pobably I'll get it by next week Thursday. I finally bit the bullet on the bigger wheels and ordered a set of OZ Superturismo LM 19s with nice rubber around them from Tire Rack. I really hope they look good on the car... will post the end result anyways
Until then, thank you all for your replies!

·
Registered
613 Posts
UPDATE
My S60 came out of the body shop finally last week Friday.
So I ordered a Brembo GT-R kit from KPax (hopefully in blue or silver) and Peter from KPax told me they've got several kits on the way, so if anyone of you wants one... NOW is the time.
Since I don't live in the US the delivery will take a bit longer, pobably I'll get it by next week Thursday. I finally bit the bullet on the bigger wheels and ordered a set of OZ Superturismo LM 19s with nice rubber around them from Tire Rack. I really hope they look good on the car... will post the end result anyways
Until then, thank you all for your replies!
Badass dude! They are awesome, so much better feel, looks, no worries on warping from driving fast on roads say like US-129.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
This took a bit longer that expected, but they're finally here!
Already made an appointment.

I'm thinking about making a new thread about my car...

·
Registered
613 Posts

Oh **** buddy! They're gonna look so friggin' sweeeeet! I really wanted silver but got the typical blue. Awesome man, I can't wait to see them on your car.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

You probably should so others will benefit from your approach and your information doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

On the DIYMA car audio site they have a section for build threads. I think that would be a useful addition here, as subsections within each model's forum. It would be a great reference, like stickies, and would help people quickly compare mods, and approaches. It also helps keep threads from getting hijacked with "BTW, How do you like your xyz widgets?" questions.

·
Registered
221 Posts

nice brake.... pls keep us posted on with photos.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Upgrade to 2013- S60RD 336MM Brakes

Lots of good information here; thanks to all who have contributed.

Just to summarize and clarify, if you have a 2011-2012 S60R-Design and want to upgrade to the larger, later 336 mm 2013- R-Design brakes (also used on S80 V8), you would need to order these Volvo parts from the 2013- R-Design (all parts listed are for 336mm):

Notes:

• Aftermarket equivalents of the rotors and pads are available from several vendors.
  • This upgrade would work within the original 18" wheels.
  • Approximate cost as of this writing of parts above (except reused hoses) is approximately $1100

• This upgrade would apply to all S60's including the T5 that have the 316mm rotors.

This is a very good upgrade path, especially for those with earlier S60's that are replacing worn brake pads and/or rotors anyway as part of normal maintenance, where you effectively are only paying for the differential over what you'd pay for rotorsa and pads anyway.

Notes and contributions from swedespeed members:

Jd79 "You'll also need the caliper carriers for the changeover as well. " #51

PureDrive07 "Oddly enough the Pads were the same P/N and size." #50

I'll edit this post with any updated information, crediting contributor with link to their post, and after the information is compiled will move to a separate thread for reference and easier search.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Lots of good information here; thanks to all who have contributed.

Just to clarify, if you have a 2011-2012 S60 and want to upgrade to the larger 2013- R-Design brakes, you would need to order these Volvo parts for the 2013- R-Design:

• Caliper
  • Rotor
  • Pads
Oddly enough the Pads were the same P/N and size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll also need the caliper carriers for the changeover as well. I'm in the process of doing this using parts from a v8 S80. Should be a direct bolt on.

The original Polestar s60 released here in Australia had the 336mm setup, powder coated and with the logo on the caliper spring. The Brembo stoppers on later P*s are apparently a bit better, but for my purposes the 336mm setup should keep me out of the ditch for now.

I know that the helpful crew at Viva performance can sort you out with the parts for the 336mm upgrade.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You'll also need the caliper carriers for the changeover as well. I'm in the process of doing this using parts from a v8 S80. Should be a direct bolt on.

The original Polestar s60 released here in Australia had the 336mm setup, powder coated and with the logo on the caliper spring. The Brembo stoppers on later P*s are apparently a bit better, but for my purposes the 336mm setup should keep me out of the ditch for now.

I know that the helpful crew at Viva performance can sort you out with the parts for the 336mm upgrade.
Thanks for the info on the carrier; I'll add that to post #49

So then to verify, the same parts for the V8 S80 bolt on the S60; rotor, caliper, pad, including carrier?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks for the info on the carrier; I'll add that to the post.

So then to verify, the same parts for the V8 S80 bolt on the S60; rotor, caliper, pad, including carrier?
I can PM you the qoute ViVA sent me, it has all the parts you need to make this conversion.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks, I'll add to the post!

Would like to have the original Volvo part numbers for reference if anyone has them.

Would also like to verify whether this upgrade will work on T5's with stock wheels or whether 18" wheel is required.

I can PM you the qoute ViVA sent me, it has all the parts you need to make this conversion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I tried 3 different sets of 18's on mine and none were even close. It's a 365mm rotor. I bought the polestar dust shields and they fit like the rotors are made for them. I'm wondering if I could interchage the polestar rotors too.
Do you have the Polestar dust shields part number?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Reviving this thread with a question.

Looking at getting "cardone caliper with brackets" from brakewarehouse

Left caliper: 19-b3860
Right caliper: 19-B3961

Question does the bracket supplied replace the caliper bracket 8603758 as indicated in post #49?

Stupid question ..... Found some pictures
https://www.bildelsbasen.se/se-sv/OEM/8603758/

Definite!y not part of caliper...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Appreciated if anyone would advise me on the part numbers for Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E front and Rear brakes? Dimension of the calipers, piston size, and rotor size for both front & rear.

Thank you

·
Registered
221 Posts
Appreciated if anyone would advise me on the part numbers for Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E front and Rear brakes? Dimension of the calipers, piston size, and rotor size for both front & rear.

Thank you
I found the part numbers for both my front and rear brakes

Front:
Brake Disc: 31341382
Caliper (left): 8603753
Caliper (Right): 8603754
Retainer: 8603757
Brake Pad: 30793540

Rear:
Brake Disc: 31471746
Caliper (left): 36001382
Caliper (Right): 36001381
Retainer: 36001383
Brake Pad: 31317482

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found the part numbers for both my front and rear brakes

Front:
Brake Disc: 31341382
Caliper (left): 8603753
Caliper (Right): 8603754
Retainer: 8603757
Brake Pad: 30793540

Rear:
Brake Disc: 31471746
Caliper (left): 36001382
Caliper (Right): 36001381
Retainer: 36001383
Brake Pad: 31317482
But do anyone knows the piston size of my front and rear calipers? Need the information to work our the specification for my new big brake kits.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts