SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Volvo S60 D5 MY2003, 163hp
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have 2003 S60 with HU-803 radio instaled. Past few months radio going crazy. Turning stations by him self, not reading CD or Yatour mp3 player, changing band etc etc. So I decided to find other radio and I found HU 850 from S60 year 2005 redesign together with CCM. I think radio will work but not sure for CCM. Do I have to make some recalibration, software update, reseting or so?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm really not sure about swapping the new design into a 2003. I would try to stay with only a radio from a similar year - a 2003 would be the best. I prefer removing one from the junk yard myself, so I can see the year of the car (it's stamped on the pass door behind the driver, it says the year the SRS needs inspected minus 10 years)

Very good question. My 2003 had an HU-613 from the start. I swapped an HU-803 from perhaps 2005 and everything was working but the radio face had no lights to it. Then I swapped a 2004 and everything works, including the steering buttons. I believe the closer the donor year, the better. I had no issues with the CCM and there is no programming needed (although Volvo will say the opposite)

Be sure to undo the battery when disconnecting the radio unit

·
Registered
Volvo S60 D5 MY2003, 163hp
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really not sure about swapping the new design into a 2003. I would try to stay with only a radio from a similar year - a 2003 would be the best. I prefer removing one from the junk yard myself, so I can see the year of the car (it's stamped on the pass door behind the driver, it says the year the SRS needs inspected minus 10 years)

Very good question. My 2003 had an HU-613 from the start. I swapped an HU-803 from perhaps 2005 and everything was working but the radio face had no lights to it. Then I swapped a 2004 and everything works, including the steering buttons. I believe the closer the donor year, the better. I had no issues with the CCM and there is no programming needed (although Volvo will say the opposite)

Be sure to undo the battery when disconnecting the radio unit

I realy don't see reason why CCM will not work. It's all the same inside. Anyway, I will try it first and if it doesn't work I will simply transfer electronic parts from old to "new". Waiting for weekend to catch some time to do that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The canbus version must match. I can confirm this for the radio and I highly suspect same for ccm.

Canbus is same for 01-02, 03-04, and 05+

You must pick a compatible part within range of canbus years.

Ex: if you have an 01 you must find a dinner part from 01 or 02. If 04, then part must be from an 03 or 04.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 4 of 4 Posts