SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently at Orange County Volvo and I was told about the S60 R that is due to come out in mid summer. Does any one know specifics on the car yet? From what I was told it would be AWD, and have 303hp.<P>~Spencer~

·
Registered
353 Posts
I talked to a pretty solid source today, he told me that it could come out as early as November, with the V70R coming out in February of 2003.<BR>And yeah, AWD, big turbo, 300+hp and 400nm of torque min.<BR>Look for performance figures in the mid-low 5's and quartermile in the low 14's.<P>CANNOT WAIT, It'll be intense.<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fhdt5r:<BR><B>I talked to a pretty solid source today, he told me that it could come out as early as November, with the V70R coming out in February of 2003.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I doubt that we will see either car before the introduction of the XC90 as that will be the main event of the 3rd quarter going into the 4th quarter. The S60R will be the next "big thing" happening, followed by the introduction of the V70R which will be followed by the introduction of the new S40 and V50.<P>Exciting things are going to happen! Now, if only Volvo's Marketing "gurus" would get a kick in the butt and finally get it, it would be nice!<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
The S60R and V70R are being introduced at the same time.<BR>Probably around October in Paris.<BR>Delivery starts early next year.<BR>Volvo Netherlands said W10 2003 for dealer cars and W15 2003 delivery of ordered models.<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I've also heard that Volvo is trying very hard to make the Active Suspension from the PCC cars a reality in production cars. That could make the whole R package VERY interesting if they can pull it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts