SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked several million times, but everything i've tried hasn't seemed to work. The car was running fine, had the battery disconnected to do some work on the brakes (unplug ABS sensor, etc...) plugged the battery back in and ever since, the car will not start. Sometimes, it will sound like its just about to fire up and then its almost as if something is cutting the ignition. I've checked the battery several times, I've even gotten a new key programmed since I only had one, and tried replacing the antenna ring, nothing. Heres a link to the youtube video: https://youtu.be/eINs3H_dbDo

Any insight would be a huge help,

thanks

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
No VIDA? What about the pull both cables off battery trick and taping them together for a few minutes to clear the system?

·
Registered
2006 V70R M66, Titanium/Atacama
221 Posts
I found this:
Use they physical key to lock all doors from the drivers door. Then unlock all doors using the key. Make sure you unlock twice to w sure all doors are unlocked.
This will reset the immobilizer.
And this, apparently the starter connection can get corroded and cause the immobilizer issue. I've seen this pointed out in a few different posts.
The issue was the first thing I (thought) I had checked. The starter exciter wire. Unplug and reseat and the car started right up...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Did you reattach the battery in the right order?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No VIDA? What about the pull both cables off battery trick and taping them together for a few minutes to clear the system?
Unfortunatley, I don't have access to VIDA and I gave the battery cable trick and no luck :( I even let it sit not plugged into the battery overnight and still nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this:

And this, apparently the starter connection can get corroded and cause the immobilizer issue. I've seen this pointed out in a few different posts.
Checked both of these, no luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another thing to add, It seems to be something electrical as ever since this happens, theres been a few strange things happening like all the indicator lights stay on, not like hazards flashing but all turn signals stay on and sometimes a fog light will randomly go out then back on, didn't know if this was somehow related.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
have you tried putting the key in and turning to pos II before connecting the battery?

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
May sound dumb but even though battery checks out, you should try another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 V70R M66, Titanium/Atacama
221 Posts
May sound dumb but even though battery checks out, you should try another.
Out of curiosity, would boosting it from another running vehicle for a while before starting the R be enough to test this? Usually a running vehicle is at 13-14vdc at the battery vs near 12vdc when off.

I ask because one doesn't always have another battery around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts