SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My 2004 Volvo S60 r started to make a humming noise in the back of the car not to long ago, thinking it might be the wheel bearings we took it apart to find it was the rear diff. I dropped the diff and took it apart to find that many of the bearings were worn and needing replacement but I'm still struggling with the pinion bearings. The pinion bearings have a 12 pointed nut holding them into the diff before I can take it out, this needs a special socket or tool. I phoned people who new Volvo's around and a Volvo dealer and they all told me there was no tool for this job. Instead if they have to fix these rear diffs they just replace the whole unit. I was wondering if anyone knows of a tool that excists for this job? The nut is 12 sided and needs to be at least 4 inches deep to get to it..

Thanks

Q

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Need to upload the images to a website such as photobucket.com or imgur.com first before putting them between the IMG tags.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You need a 12 point socket. Idk what size. But I'll take a guess of the range of 25 to 30mm lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts