SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My error is kick my computer in the nuts. All my gauges go to 0 except the speedo. Then it says skid plate failure and service transmission. I <br>feel a thump in the floorboard when my tranny goes to "safe mode". <br>I took it to the mechanic and no one has found anything physically wrong with it, best I can gather it's gotta be the brains any ideas? Thanks, for your help guys.<br>

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: S60 R Error, Please Help! (volvospeedsta)

wow. I kind of want to see a picture. Anyone else think this is the ECU? Hard Reset?

·
Registered
981 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvospeedsta</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Then it says <B>skid plate failure </B>and service transmission. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>First time I hear of such an error.<p>If I remember correctly, the trannys have oil quality sensor as well, so maybe a fluid change is in order?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvospeedsta</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My error is kick my computer in the nuts. All my gauges go to 0 except the speedo. Then it says skid plate failure and service transmission. I <br>feel a thump in the floorboard when my tranny goes to "safe mode". <br>I took it to the mechanic and no one has found anything physically wrong with it, best I can gather it's gotta be the brains any ideas? Thanks, for your help guys.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>What is tranny safe mode? <p>Also, do you mean "anti-skid failure?"<p>Year?<p>How new is the battery?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

are these the s60r gauges that you wanted to convert to?<p>This is from his other thread:<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvospeedsta</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All,<p>I really need your help. I am purchasing a brand new S60 R Speedometer and the dealer and parts dept canot guarantee my money back if the operation does not follow through. Anyone know for sure if this conversion will work? I have a base S60 2005 and I am wanting to purchase a new 2005 S60R Cluster and have the dealer program it. No refunds on electronic parts after they program, they said its my call. Please help!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: S60 R Error, Please Help! (o2k)

This is on a 2004 S60 R. This is not the model I did the speedometer swap on. Completely different vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts