SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to forum but S90 t6 inscription driver for 2.5 years, with 9 payments left & using pull ahead program one nj dealer is making me a great offer on an s60,
2019 s60 t6 r design awd
Denim blue
Advanced pkg
19” wheels
Bowers
Heated rears
Polestar
Sport chassis
$56900 MSRP,
7500 miles a year, $625 total up front, $525 a month, is this considered a good deal is my first question, second, do you guys think coming out of a pillowy s90 the sport chassis will be punishing on the long run?
Any feed back is really appreciated,
Thx guys

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
If 7500 miles a year fits your needs, seems a good deal. But it is only 20 miles a day. People in NJ usually drive more than that.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer in nj, I live in si, 7500 is sufficient for me, I do about 7 k a year, also I use my wife’s Impreza here & there

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
That lease hacker ad has everything I hate about dealership ads too. Destination fee listed separate, includes loyalty (though the OP does qualify, many folks dont) Requires MSDs (which you should seriously consider, but it's not a good way to advertise up front on a lease as most folks don't assume they are putting thousands of dollars on hold). It's pretty much an invoice deal but you get to pay $399 extra for the privilege of believing dealerships are all liars and only a broker can get you a fair deal and you're so much smarter for paying someone else who "knows" the game.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My leasing broker tier one leasing was $2000 negative on these numbers, she actually told me i’m Making these numbers up & it is a steal if you really can get it don’t even think twice, also this is the perfect spec for me between color & options, specially the polestar optimization & the sport chassis which is rare

·
Registered
121 Posts
Numbers are on a 48k car. And this is for 10k miles a year. I know people like to hate on leasehackr but look at the broker review page. People are walking away with amazing deals. If you have the $ to put down for MSD's you can get some great deals. I just picked up a 2019 X3 for my mom- 52k MSRP- 449 per month 36/15k. 2000 down with 3k MSD's. (it would have been 409 with 10k miles)

What is the final selling price of your S60? Forget MSRP, that's irreverent.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That lease hacker ad has everything I hate about dealership ads too. Destination fee listed separate, includes loyalty (though the OP does qualify, many folks dont) Requires MSDs (which you should seriously consider, but it's not a good way to advertise up front on a lease as most folks don't assume they are putting thousands of dollars on hold). It's pretty much an invoice deal but you get to pay $399 extra for the privilege of believing dealerships are all liars and only a broker can get you a fair deal and you're so much smarter for paying someone else who "knows" the game.
Well you can use the calculator and change $324 per month 36/10k miles broker numbers to zero driveoff and no msds with the mileage the op wants and you get end up with $408 a month before taxes.
https://leasehackr.com/calculator?m...ined&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

then you can plug in the msrp price for the car the op wants and if he where to get the same discount end up with $472 a month before taxes
https://leasehackr.com/calculator?m...ined&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well you can use the calculator and change $324 per month 36/10k miles broker numbers to zero driveoff and no msds with the mileage the op wants and you get end up with $408 a month before taxes.

then you can plug in the msrp price for the car the op wants and if he where to get the same discount end up with $472 a month before taxes
Exactly- I was just answering the OP's question- It's a good deal BUT people are getting better deals out there-esp on a car that is not selling particularly well.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
It's just playing the same games, only you're paying someone else to add another middle man. Of course folks give it good reviews, it's confirmation bias. Few folks who use such service also do it on their own and compare. Folks assume everyone adds everything at the end, and that's simply not true. MSDs are a great tool, but even the TV commercials generally say "no security deposit required" in their advertising.

The specific 48k deal is an invoice deal on a 2019.

The specifics show $48790 and sale price of $39594. You have about 6% discount on A plan right? And that's invoice... so $45862. Then you have $4750 rebates and another $500 for loyalty which they list, $40612. They itemize destination of $995 separate from sale price, $39617. But then you have to pay $399 for the privilege of giving a good review on how much they saved out....

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not some magical fairy that gets you a better deal than everyone else can do on their own. It uses deceptive math to show a much lower payment than how most folks end up structuring... But I'm sure you pay that fee upfront.

While unspecified I assume the OP deal is out the door with just first months payment. There is a significant difference in money down. Frankly OTD is the only real way to compare because payment * term + money down is the real cost regardless of how low a sale price or basic payment looks on paper.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's just playing the same games, only you're paying someone else to add another middle man. Of course folks give it good reviews, it's confirmation bias. Few folks who use such service also do it on their own and compare. Folks assume everyone adds everything at the end, and that's simply not true. MSDs are a great tool, but even the TV commercials generally say "no security deposit required" in their advertising.

The specifics show $48790 and sale price of $39594. You have about 6% discount on A plan right? And that's invoice... so $45862. Then you have $4750 rebates and another $500 for loyalty which they list, $40612. They itemize destination of $995 separate from sale price, $39617. But then you have to pay $399 for the privilege of giving a good review on how much they saved out....

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not some magical fairy that gets you a better deal than everyone else can do on their own. It uses deceptive math to show a much lower payment than how most folks end up structuring... But I'm sure you pay that fee upfront.
Not everyone is capable of walking into a dealership and coming out with an invoice deal like that nor do they have the time and energy. If i can pay someone $399 and they can take care of everything before my mom even steps foot into the dealership - it's worth it for me without having to spend an entire day on the phone with various dealers. And she is walking away with a REALLY good deal too. Try replicating that deal at a BMW dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
The OP did... $472 * 1.06 (6% sales tax) is $500.32.

but it wasn't just sales tax. the extra $1525( $625 upfront + $900 in total extra payment) can be in part state fees AND the security deposits that lower the money factor, they would easily cover that difference. Actually OP probably did better because I don't believe the lease hacker includes the $995 destination fee either.

Again, if you like lease hacker, that's fine, but it was used here to show how the OP could get a better deal, but that has proven wrong. But most folks don't understand how leasing and MSDs work so they see a lower payment and assume it's a significantly better deal.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Also to the OP... I love both cars and have driven both extensively. I prefer the S60 myself. Everything the reviewers don't like make it a dream to drive. Soft steering and smooth transmission shifting. It's a sport sedan but it does share alot of the comfort of the S90 and is more fun in the process. It's assembled down in SC so no tariffs to worry about, hence the better rebates. I prefer the Momentum or Inscription seats, but I know lots of folks find the R design perfect. Only your butt can determine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is incorrect...

Because destination fee is part of the mrsp which dealers pass onto the customers anyways the correct way to calculate the -plan discount is (MRSP - destination fee) x .94 + destination fee
so mrsp price 48790 = A plan discount 45922, so why are you taking out the $995 again at the end?

The OP did... $472 * 1.06 (6% sales tax) is $500.32.

but it wasn't just sales tax. the extra $1525( $625 upfront + $900 in total extra payment) can be in part state fees AND the security deposits that lower the money factor, they would easily cover that difference. Actually OP probably did better because I don't believe the lease hacker includes the $995 destination fee either.
there is $856 in dealer/government fees the op may have to pay more or less depends on the dealership, the $995 destination fee is part of the msrp.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Also to the OP... I love both cars and have driven both extensively. I prefer the S60 myself. Everything the reviewers don't like make it a dream to drive. Soft steering and smooth transmission shifting. It's a sport sedan but it does share alot of the comfort of the S90 and is more fun in the process. It's assembled down in SC so no tariffs to worry about, hence the better rebates. I prefer the Momentum or Inscription seats, but I know lots of folks find the R design perfect. Only your butt can determine.

Calling the S60 a "sport sedan" is a stretch- At least not without the optional sports chassis. The base suspension/steering is super soft and numb-But i guess most folks prefer that. It feels very similar to the S90-just smaller. OP- You will be very happy coming from the S90. The steering is even lighter in the S60 and the suspension is soft and bouncy. Is there a specific reason you are opting for the sports chassis?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really picked sport chassis by accident, I wanted the denim blue polestar, this was the only car in the tri state area but it happened to have the sport chassis, they are charging me a total of $625 up front, $525 first payment, transfer plates for a $100, taxes & bank fee are included in payment

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Bunker, I agree with you in spirit! However, many states allow for the MSRP to be inclusive of the destination fee but then the sale price can exclude it. It's a great frustration of mine I've actually written my congressman about because it deals with interstate commerce and gives consumers a very confusing experience (and hurts our states businesses where we are rightly required to include destination in the sale price). If you look at the fine print of many website pricing you will see "destination fee extra" EVEN when they list it as part of the MSRP price. If you look at the lease hacker example fees and taxes the acquisition fee is itemized there. I can only assume it's not part of the sale price, and that really is an unfortunate common practice.

Also for comparison sake... here in PA the doc fee is $144. Not sure what it is in NJ as Im a bit too inland to compete with them on a regular basis. I know MD has $299 often and I've seen $599 in VA and hear of places with over a grand as well as places that charge high prep fees. There are so many ways to make a price look artificially low and cover it in "fees extra". I don't think the title clerks in VA are getting paid 4x more... it just gives dealers more padding to show a lower price while moving the profit to the fees.

·
Registered
109 Posts

While unspecified I assume the OP deal is out the door with just first months payment. There is a significant difference in money down. Frankly OTD is the only real way to compare because payment * term + money down is the real cost regardless of how low a sale price or basic payment looks on paper.
The $995 is the lease acquisition fee, NOT destination.

He's showing $48790 as the MSRP with $39594 as the sales price. That includes $4000 in rebates. The $750 is shown as a taxed incentive further down. If you read his posts, you'll see that loyalty is not included, but that a further discount is available if one has it.

That means the pre-rebate sales price is $43594 on $48790; a pre-incentive discount of 10.65% or $2300 lower than the 6% invoice number.

Now, 10-11% is definitely possible for someone to negotiate without a broker for someone that wants to take the time to do so, but it'll take a decent amount of effort and finding the right dealer to do the deal.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts