SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just recently purchased a 2004 Volvo S60 R the milage is a bit high but the car is in very decent shape. Plus i got it for a steal. Although i did not test drive it on the highway before i bought it i didnt go faster then 60 km/h. Either way i was ready for some sort of repairs right away. I had the tires changed from summer to winter right away so i dont have to do it later.

So this is the issue:

The car starts wobbling a little bit sort of like a shake when i reach about 65 km/h up until 95 km/h.

If someone could help me out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would have the wheels re balanced and look into getting an alignment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did get them balanced when i put the winter tires on. I was thinking it could be the actual rims? And yes i do need an alignment done for sure, but would that cause such shaking? It also feels really hard on the bumps only on the driver side...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
check struts.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Wobble is usually caused by a couple of things:
unbalanced rim (either bent or such)
unbalanced rim weight (usually when mounted tires can cause it be out a little... take a balanced wheel, break the bead and rotate tire a little and fill back up, it'll be unbalanced again...)
tire has damage to it or tread is worn unevenly
actual lug-nuts not tighten/torqued down completely (the feel of this can vary on speed but happens, plus specs of aluminum wheels usually says after proper torqued down, after about 50 miles or so, re-torque them down again)

Any reputable tire shop can help you with this, cost should be minimal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts