SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AWD S60 pulls to the left while breaking at speeds greater than 60. It feels like the right front brake isn't engaging. Could this be due to a bad RF anti-lock brake sensor? Perhaps the sensor thinks the wheel is locked up, and therefore doesn't send any fluid to it?<p>Has anyone had a similar experience? The search turned up nothing.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
year - miles?<p>Is this under hard braking at 60 or just standard slowing with the flow of traffic?<p>when did it start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Bender)

Sorry. 2004 with 75k. It is most noticeable under hard breaking at higher speeds, but there is definitely a bit of pull even under mellower breaking.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (xtemperedx)

Possibly/probably a bad caliper if your front suspension and tires are fine.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
my guess was going to be a bad suspension component but jim is the expert on this one.<p>Get it in to Keystone or Joe Davis Autosport in Perkasie

·
Registered
404 Posts
ABS sensor is a non-issue since it would only be an issue if you were under heavy braking that was causing wheels to lockup. Also, the ABS module monitors the sensors constantly, so if one wasnt working your ABS light would be on.<p>Both JRL and Bender are right, either a faulty caliper or possibly some suspension components worn out. I would suspect you would have some other noticeable symptoms with suspension components though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts