SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2001 s60 t5 a few months ago with 66k on it. After doing a little suspension work and new toyo proxes I started on performance mods. With fresh fluids,new plugs and a k&n panel in the stock box I decided to have a custom 3" exhaust installed from the cat back. It sounds incredible but has no go down low. To help with the low end and get a little more boost at wot, I did an ecu upgrade with upsolute. The mid range and top end are improved but still lack any low end performance. Could this be a etm problem, lack of back pressure situation or do I possibly need a fuel pressure regulator?Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
it seems that the ecu remap program is not fine, cause you have a Turbo car not N/A so the back pressure is not a problem. My T5 just just intake, and bsr stage I(program) was running the same power than R, and i raced a few friend´s R and we were side by side. Now with my Stage III i won for 4 cars.<p>So check your upsolute remap.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Re: (volvos60t5x)

either that, or your oxygen sensor which is originally on your cat is displaced / malfunctioning due to your upgrades and your computer can't read it yet. it might soon give you an error code saying that your emission system needs service. mine did 2 weeks after the cat replacement. that's how i know... <br>it is harder for the driver to feel a malfunctioning sensor in the mid-high revs but the fuel+oxygen mixture ratio becomes a more apparent problem in the low end...<br> <br>

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Serdar-S60T5)

Thanks, I did replace the mass air sensor and picked up some low end. I'll check the down stream o2 also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts