SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;
I am new to this form and never used one before.
So if I have a question that belongs in a different section of the form please advise me.
Now for the problem I am facing and I am totally lost.
I have a 2004 S60 2.5t.
It is a manual transmissions version with 160K on the odometer, recently we had to replace the clutch.
We raised the car up on a host and disconnected the sub-frame from the chassy.
We were able to get the transmission out with little issues. We disconnected the power, steering, suspension/axles.
We replaced the radiator as for we found it had been Jimmie rigged, added now fans and intercooler. Basically the full front end components.
We finished putting the car together, upon connecting the battery we saw the interior lights flash and heard the ac compressor clutch lock.
However there is no power to any of the car’s components.
We have power to the front fuse box and to the starter. We checked all the fuses, and they are all good.
I have no idea of what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Spring semester is starting and I need to get back to school. I am screwed if I do not get this car started.
Please give me some ideas of where to start looking. I have downloaded the full wiring diagrams for the car as well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hope you get this figured out.

FYI that you're in the wrong forum. This is for model years 2011-2018.

You should repost this in the 2001-2010 forum.

Good luck.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you re-connect the big black ground cable to the trans?

Do the lights on the dash come on when the key is turned to position II?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I hope you are able to get your 2004 S60 2.5T going again. These cars have several computers in the wiring system, and also several electronic controls that have logic circuits, but not enough complexity to be called a computer. The most important on these is the CEM, central electronic module. There are two more computers, the TCM, transmission control module(automatic transmission), and the ECM, engine control module. Your car likely does not have a TCM. If the battery is disconnected from the car, before maintenance work is done, there is less chance of causing one or more computers to malfunction when the car is has been repaired, and ready to run. Also, it is important to have the battery disconnected if you ever have reason to work on or near an air bag assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts