SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought MY04 S60 as a "organ donor" for my MY03 S60.
The MY04 has premium sound system (HU803, 300W amp and gold label speakers). I want to put these things in my MY03, but my car doesn't have the amp power cable pre-installed.
From what I've heard, all cars should have this, but I had almost the whole carpet out and it simply isn't there. Is there simple way, how to get the power cable from donor car to mine?
The harness goes under the dashboard and I assume it ends in fuse box on the driver side. I don't want to take out the dashboard just to get this cable. Is there any other way? Can I buy the cable somewhere?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not all cars have them (that’s the bad news). Good news is that you can usually find one at the wreckers. You can also buy it new from Volvo if you are really desperate. I can keep my eyes open for one up here if you like. Don’t have any wreckyard visits planned but never know.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
There's a great video on YouTube by a guy called Peppermint (who is member Orange here on Swedespeed). Check that video out. Just look for amp install for Volvo S60...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts