SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not purchase Volvo's NAV system for my 2017 S60 Dynamic, opting instead for a $150 TomTom GPS unit. I do have the ATT unlimited-data SIM, mostly for creating a hot spot to use my iPod Touch for checking e-mail on the road and finding places to eat in areas new to me.

I just discovered, literally by accidentally pushing the NAV button, that the data SIM also seems to allow me to use Volvo's Internet Maps, up to a point. I can see where the car is, which can be really helpful in getting unlost after a wrong turn. But I cannot set a destination and have the nav show me the way to get there.

I can enter a destination, but it doesn't save; the "Home" line is greyed out, so I can't even enter my home address. There is no indication that the system is not saving an entered address, but when I try to set a route to it, there is no destination in the system.

Nothing in the Volvo PDF manual dealing with Internet Navigation addresses this issue. Has anyone found a workaround?

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
I did not purchase Volvo's NAV system for my 2017 S60 Dynamic, opting instead for a $150 TomTom GPS unit. I do have the ATT unlimited-data SIM, mostly for creating a hot spot to use my iPod Touch for checking e-mail on the road and finding places to eat in areas new to me.

I just discovered, literally by accidentally pushing the NAV button, that the data SIM also seems to allow me to use Volvo's Internet Maps, up to a point. I can see where the car is, which can be really helpful in getting unlost after a wrong turn. But I cannot set a destination and have the nav show me the way to get there.

I can enter a destination, but it doesn't save; the "Home" line is greyed out, so I can't even enter my home address. There is no indication that the system is not saving an entered address, but when I try to set a route to it, there is no destination in the system.

Nothing in the Volvo PDF manual dealing with Internet Navigation addresses this issue. Has anyone found a workaround?
The apps under internet allow you to search for a destination. Don't know since you do not have nav if it'll actually navigate or just give you the address.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't need help with addresses; I know where my destination is. I just need to get it into the Internet Nav system so that it can calculate a route to where I am going.

Last service, my car software was updated. Does Volvo ever need to patch its software (like Apple and Microsoft do), and if so, would they notify owners or just wait until the next service interval rolls around (4K miles away for me)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts