SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw it last night promoting how well the S60 did on the latest IIHS. I was hoping they'd capitalize on that. So there is some hope for Volvo marketing...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I picked up a nice brochure from my local Volvo dealer yesterday called "Status Report" (Vol. 47, No.6). It is published by the IIHS and documents the recent crash success of the S60.....nice.

·
Registered
301 Posts
its about time volvo used safety again in their ads.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I saw it right after midnight too, I was very pleased with the layout of the commercial, VERY GOOD!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Brilliant, Volvo needs to spread more of these ads. (Though why not mention that the BM 3-Series only got a mediocre rating as well?)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Brilliant, Volvo needs to spread more of these ads. (Though why not mention that the BM 3-Series only got a mediocre rating as well?)
Saying the c class and Audi did poorly is straight to the point and clear. Adding the BMW sort of muddles the message since you're either taking longer to explain that it was mediocore or you're just saying that the Volvo did better than all three which loses a bit of the cache since it's not emphasizing the poor rating. Also BMW's marketing doesn't really focus on the safety of their vehicles the way Mercedes usually is (think of all the commercials emphasizing their patents and firsts) so it is much bigger advertising blow and it is simple to lump in Audi.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Actually I think EVERYONE knows Volvos are safe. That's usually the first thing people say after asking what I drive. If Volvo wants to cement itself as a "luxury" brand they should start in with more commercials touting that point like Lexus did.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Actually I think EVERYONE knows Volvos are safe. That's usually the first thing people say after asking what I drive. If Volvo wants to cement itself as a "luxury" brand they should start in with more commercials touting that point like Lexus did.
Lexus built it's reputation reliability and quality. The initial commercials with champagne glasses on the hood were nice, but utlimately it's quality, reliability and service that made the Lexus name. They are far less likely to tout safety innovations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts