SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if someone makes a cabon fiber hood replacement for the s60/s60r. Car got recked with hail damage, and i've had no luck looking online but found a replacement for 325 primed buts probably not aluminum like our hoods. The shop said its a 900 dollar hood.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: S60 Hood (Volvo.co)

They are available, but are $$$ - you also don't save much weight with the hood.<p>I'd try to find an OE aluminum one from a junk yard if you're going to be stuck with a steel aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Athruc but to you know of the Manuf. or site for the carbon hood, I'm not really looking for the weight loss but just to replace and have less of a chance of denting when i get another hail storm. Which happen occassionally here in Colorado .

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Re: (Volvo.co)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Volvo.co</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks Athruc but to you know of the Manuf. or site for the carbon hood, I'm not really looking for the weight loss but just to replace and have less of a chance of denting when i get another hail storm. Which happen occassionally here in Colorado .</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Wouldn't the carbon fiber crack all to hell in a hail storm?Plus its more than likely going to be $$$$$$

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeah, no problem. Let us know how it turns out. <p>I remembered they posted pricing a while go. It was something like $800 I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts