SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I'm considering replacing my venerable 1992 960 sedan with a newer model with the latest safety features. I love my 960 (well, mostly
but it has only one airbag, etc. Time for a new one.

This may sound blasphemous, but other than the S60 sedan (I am in the ~$30k price range), do people think there is anything else I should be looking at? I was thinking of also the Audi A4 or A6, maybe the VW Passat, but most other cars in this price range don't seem to have the same standard safety features of the new Volvos.

Also, does anyone know anything about what new features might be present in the 2002 model year for the S60? Is it worth waiting?

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Before I purchased my S60, I cross-shopped the Audi A4, Infiniti I30, Lexus IS300, and Saab 9-5. The Audi A4 will be redesigned for 2002, and based on preliminary reports, it sounds like Audi did a great job with the car. The Infiniti I30 will become the I35 next year, as the engine goes from 3.0 liters to 3.5. Power will be upped from 227 hp to 260 hp. I think the Saab 9-5 will be revised for '02 as well (check one of the other Swedespeed forums for more info and pics).

That being said, I love my S60. It is my first Volvo and has handled my high daily mileage without a hiccup.

For '02 (according to posts at Volvospy), expect to see the addition of Xenon lamps and some additional color/wheel offerings. There will also be an AWD version of the 2.4T.

Good luck,
-ema

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.