SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60 for my new ride....

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Wayne T5 
#1 · (Edited)
The dangers of working at a car dealer include eventually cars get traded in that you want. 2012 S60 R design pretty well loaded. T6 Polestar. 80k miles. One owner who picked it up OSD purchased from us and always serviced here. Taking it home for the wife's approval.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Winter wheels on it? Where's the grille R-D badge?

Reactions: DFrantz
#4 ·
Haha! (And I didn’t mention the bumper either lol)

#6 ·
The dangers of working at a car dealer include eventually cars get traded in that you want. 2012 S60 R design pretty well loaded. T6 Polestar. 80k miles. One owner who picked it up OSD purchased from us and always serviced here. Taking it home for the wife's approval.
View attachment 134563
You guys always have a couple interesting cars at your York store when I go in for service. Dan Lehr does a good job sniffing out used Volvos, IMHO.

#7 ·
Dan is super picky. Sometimes I hate it but honestly cause I don't mind a beater. However, I deal with so few after the sale problems that I really am rather pleased. It's highly unusual that we keep anything that can't be certified unless it was a local car or has an excellent record. We never buy any Volvos from auction unless it can be certified and we only buy from Volvo for those, so they are generally off lease or corporate turn ins. It keeps our inventory lower than I'd want, but the quality is better than anything I've dealt with at other dealers I have worked at. Plus Dan is a car guy too. He used to have an 850R... and you don't get those by accident.

The York store is more likely to get the older "classics" too... just the nature of the market I guess.

#10 ·
I was just mentioning to my GF that the only way I'd get back into Volvo ownership is if I could find one with an inline 6 (turbo or NA) or Yamaha V8.
Aside from that, there's nothing from the current (or recent) lineup that appeals to me.

#11 ·
I’d prefer an SPA rather than have to suffer with the anemic I-6 3.2

#13 ·
I always favored this pre-facelift snout - in the the later revision, they designed a lot of the character out of it.
Agreed. We don't see them at our dealer often anymore but they are better looking. I generally think that's a trend for any series with nearly any brand. The first iteration is the most pure and they might add some nice features and touches but the more you focus on it the more they feel designed by committee as time goes along until you get to a full redesign. I feel this with my C70 as well as my 1968 AMC Javelin...

I sold my sister one of these a few years back and have always been a little jealous... now I have the faster version (-=

Reactions: BenjaminD
#15 ·
Ford trucks are another example where each generation is less appealing than the next.. with a few exceptions... I like the dents more than the bumps... and IDK if anyone likes the Jellybeans...

Reactions: V70 Brad
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.