SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My 2006 S60-T5 was involved in bad accident. The engine fortunately still okay. I bought a 2007 S60-2.0T then

I asked my mechanic to transplant the T5 2.4 engine into newer 2007 S60. My fault, i just leave the car for 1 month without updating transplant jobs. I just blindly trust the mechanic*

He transplant the T5 2.4 engine, but sadly he use S60 2.0T wiring, ecu, tcu , fuel rail and 2.0T automatic transmission that don't have semi auto shift and only have STC. (The T5 2.4 use DSTC). Injectors is white from T5 2.4 and also retain K24 turbocharger*

Part of mods...He added 3" turbo downpipe and high flow 2.5" cat, 2.5" cat back exhaust system, front mount intercooler, engine oil cooler and Deatschwerk 255 lph fuel pump. Then he sent the car for stage 2 tuning by using 2.0T ecu and tcu .

The power is good. But unfortunately and sadly, the transplant job suffering permanent hard start and jumpy idling. I need to buy Ultragauge OBD meter to reset error code every time to start the car.*

The mechanic said the hard start and erratic idling maybe because of using 2.0T fuel rail that has no Fuel Pressure Sensor and due to rich fuel because using 255 lph fuel pump.

I love this car. Do u guys have advise to eliminate hard start and erratic idling?

Many thanks*

·
Registered
289 Posts
He transplant the T5 2.4 engine, but sadly he use S60 2.0T wiring, ecu, tcu , fuel rail and 2.0T automatic transmission that don't have semi auto shift and only have STC. (The T5 2.4 use DSTC). Injectors is white from T5 2.4 and also retain K24 turbocharger*
Your mechanic did the right job. He would have to rewire the entire car and cost you more than buying another 05-07 T5 2.4 entire car would be, just to use the 2.4 wiring/transmission and DTSC. That stuff is not easily transferable to a car without it.

255LPH have been known to overpower stock regulators and go rich. Check vida to see what AFRs are like.

Also how confident are you in who tuned the car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks . The tuner is ex MTE guys

If 255lph fuel pump overpower stock regulator, is it possible to fit adjustable fuel pressure regulator to cure the hard start and erratic idling?

The Ultragauge meter shows narrow band Lambda AFR, probably the reading input from the ecu. Though it's narrow band lambda AFR, at least i got the idea of the AFR reading. Or do u think narrow band lambda AFR is useless?

Please enlighten me sir

1 - 3 of 3 Posts