SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying the s60 (base engine) to be driven primarily by teenage daughters. Why have there been no crash test results from the NHTSA. I have read that tests were conducted in Feb. Safety is high on my list of factors in making a purchase decision. Since the s60 is smaller than the s70 and since there are no results for the s60, I have been considering buying a 2000 s70. Help, please

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased an S60 and safety was foremost on my list of requirements. Although there is currently no data on the S60 on the NHTSA.com, I would consider the following when making my decision. The S60 is based on the S80 platform, a platform that received four 5-Star ratings (both driver and passenger front and side impact). From my understanding, the S60 is also built on a chassis that is 40-50% stiffer than that of the S70 and it comes with 6 standard airbags. The seats also have WHIPS to protect against whiplash injury, side-impact protection system and front and rear crumple zones. <P>Although I too am awaiting the crash results, I have every confidence in my car.<P>Regards<P>EL60

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EL60:<BR><B>I recently purchased an S60 and safety was foremost on my list of requirements. Although there is currently no data on the S60 on the NHTSA.com, I would consider the following when making my decision. The S60 is based on the S80 platform, a platform that received four 5-Star ratings (both driver and passenger front and side impact). From my understanding, the S60 is also built on a chassis that is 40-50% stiffer than that of the S70 and it comes with 6 standard airbags. The seats also have WHIPS to protect against whiplash injury, side-impact protection system and front and rear crumple zones. <P>Although I too am awaiting the crash results, I have every confidence in my car.<P>Regards<P>EL60</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EL60:<BR><B>I recently purchased an S60 and safety was foremost on my list of requirements. Although there is currently no data on the S60 on the NHTSA.com, I would consider the following when making my decision. The S60 is based on the S80 platform, a platform that received four 5-Star ratings (both driver and passenger front and side impact). From my understanding, the S60 is also built on a chassis that is 40-50% stiffer than that of the S70 and it comes with 6 standard airbags. The seats also have WHIPS to protect against whiplash injury, side-impact protection system and front and rear crumple zones. <P>Although I too am awaiting the crash results, I have every confidence in my car.<P>Regards<P>EL60</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts