SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I getting this right? You can swap out the s40 calipers and rotors directly to a s60? So which is the better upgrade and cost effective ,the r brake system or the s40 system?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Most people with S40s swap their brakes out for bigger systems anyway so I can't see how putting s40 brakes on an s60 would be much of an upgrade, especially coming from a smaller car. I don't know s60s very well though, just my thought on it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2.5t ,the brakes are minature compared to the s40s I looked at..lots of the around too,so thought the brake setup would be half what the r folks, are asking for their stuff.. Thought I saw a thread?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I don't know for sure, you may need to get a custom bracket for the caliper. Technically speaking, any caliper will fit any car so long as you have the wheel clearance and appropriate brackets.

What size brakes are on your car right now? Do you have any pics or internet pics of the caliper and bracket?

I'll be taking the 300mm calipers off my car this weekend to swap out for 320s on all four corners. I'd be willing to sell them if you're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts