SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Bought 2005 s60 with boot lid opening problem

Being a retired elec engr I soon resolved fault...viz The flex from the REM to the boot lid
had one core completely broken (open circuit) and other cores damaged such that the
switch only worked sometimes. The damage to the cores inside the lead occurs at the
180 deg bend where the lead leaves the boot. There is enough slack to repair the lead and push the
repair inside the boot leaving a previously unflexed part of the lead at the bend.

Hope this helps someone....if the exact procedure is required please email

Ron

·
Registered
105 Posts
It might, but would be more helpful in the "S60 2001-2010" sub-forum.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Not sure how many of us here also have a pre-2011 S60 to benefit from the experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Almaz....My 2005 S60 was owned by an old dear lady and has only 40k on clock and is in showroom condition with FSH
I sought a good example of this particular facelift model for a long time since it's build quality is superior to later models.
I'm fixing minor issues...hence my posting

Ron

PS anyone know how to insert photo from a picture folder on my laptop ?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hi Almaz....My 2005 S60 was owned by an old dear lady and has only 40k on clock and is in showroom condition with FSH
I sought a good example of this particular facelift model for a long time since it's build quality is superior to later models.
I'm fixing minor issues...hence my posting

Ron

PS anyone know how to insert photo from a picture folder on my laptop ?
Congrats on your find. Sounds like a nice car. I agree about the superior build quality of older models. Good luck with the fixes you need to do.

For posting pictures I use imgur as detailed in this thread.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You are most likely correct Roth
Have just joined...so how do I put into sub-forum...since have other solutions eg daylight running lights etc
After clicking on forums and then clicking "FWD and AWD Volvos", you'll see a pretty big list of cars this applies to (essentially, all of them). On this list there are 2 sections for the S60. The first one you see is this one, labeled "S60, S60 CC, V60, V60 CC (2011+)". The one below it is labeled "S60 (2001-2010)". After entering this sub-forum, you're free to make new threads for all your solutions. Just to be clear, I meant no disrespect from my previous comment. I am a member that has benefited greatly from reading other owners' solutions for fixing problems and for regular maintenance. I'm sure there are many P2 S60 owners that will also benefit from any information/solutions that you can share with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts