SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2007 V70 2.5T with 120k miles. I need to replace the rear shocks. I'd also like to consider putting in "overload" springs or something similar. The unloaded car has about 250 pounds of extra weight in the rear (tow bar, subwoofer, 3rd row seat, tools). On family trips, the rear sags quite low. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting S60 AWD springs in the rear of a V70. I see several different varieties of S60 AWD rear springs (with different markings) in the Volvo parts diagrams online. Also, which Sachs shocks go with the S60 AWD springs, and will those fit my V70? If so, which additional parts are needed, if any?

I assume that I don't need to change out the front springs since the S60 AWD and the V70 should have similar weights in the front. Correct?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
Totally different springs awd to fwd

There are "overload" springs for FWDs I think I have a link handy.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
Lasjofors 30748380 HD

2wd rear suspension heavy duty/overload.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
Fantastic! I assume this is it:
https://www.amazon.com/Volvo-01-07-Spring-Lesjofors-30748380/dp/B009PVAYY2

Do you know anyone who has tried these? Which shocks should I pair with it and what other parts should I replace in the process?

Thanks!
Steve
I like bilstein touring shocks with overloads. Helps keep the bounce down.

There's a million bushings (8 accessible) on each side but they are not very easily replaceable.

I'd suggest adjustable rear toe arms from IPD when you do upgrades rear springs ect so you can have your rear toe actually aligned (close or to zero is how you eliminate side hop).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Barstow, did you install these shocks, and did they do the trick? I tow a boat trailer with too much stuff in the car, and need a solution!
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts