SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my S60 24TA for a 6 weeks now and love the car. However, when in 'stop & go' traffic or when slowing down at slow speeds to make a right turn at an intersection, the transmission tends to 'drop' from 2nd to 1st gear. This down shift is sudden and it shakes the car as well as the passengers.

Does this have anything to do with the Volvo's adaptive transmission? If so, is this 'normal'? Has anyone had this experience?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by gno3:
I have had my S60 24TA for a 6 weeks now and love the car. However, when in 'stop & go' traffic or when slowing down at slow speeds to make a right turn at an intersection, the transmission tends to 'drop' from 2nd to 1st gear. This down shift is sudden and it shakes the car as well as the passengers.

Does this have anything to do with the Volvo's adaptive transmission? If so, is this 'normal'? Has anyone had this experience?

Had our 2.4T automatic about 5 weeks now. So far no problems, and haven't experienced what you describe. Hope you get it fixed soon. Please report what the problem was when you find out.

Thanks, and good luck.

HW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The transmission problem has been resolved. It's an issue that Volvo has sent out a bulletin to address.

According to the work order, the car 'needed adaptive procedure 43-20 (had not been done) per volvo bulletin'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.