SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my S60 24TA for a 6 weeks now and love the car. However, when in 'stop & go' traffic or when slowing down at slow speeds to make a right turn at an intersection, the transmission tends to 'drop' from 2nd to 1st gear. This down shift is sudden and it shakes the car as well as the passengers.<P>Does this have anything to do with the Volvo's adaptive transmission? If so, is this 'normal'? Has anyone had this experience?<P>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by gno3:<BR>I have had my S60 24TA for a 6 weeks now and love the car. However, when in 'stop & go' traffic or when slowing down at slow speeds to make a right turn at an intersection, the transmission tends to 'drop' from 2nd to 1st gear. This down shift is sudden and it shakes the car as well as the passengers.<P>Does this have anything to do with the Volvo's adaptive transmission? If so, is this 'normal'? Has anyone had this experience?<P>Had our 2.4T automatic about 5 weeks now. So far no problems, and haven't experienced what you describe. Hope you get it fixed soon. Please report what the problem was when you find out.<P>Thanks, and good luck.<P>HW<BR>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The transmission problem has been resolved. It's an issue that Volvo has sent out a bulletin to address.<P>According to the work order, the car 'needed adaptive procedure 43-20 (had not been done) per volvo bulletin'.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts