SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 S60 T8 Inscription
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they change something? I can no longer cool the car without turning the car on.. I used to use this feature all the time. It would ask if I wanted to turn the car on or not.. now it's not an option.

Since the app won't let me turn the car on (to cool the car) with the charging cable plugged in, this suddenly became a fairly useless/unusable feature.

Anyone know a work around?

·
Registered
S60 B5 Inscription (not even built yet)
42 Posts
Not all, I never use it — it just never gets that hot in here. ;) But on the topic, they definitely should fix this.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mine is missing too, I thought it was since I don't have the T6 not a hybrid. I did use it though, to turn the fan on without starting the car just to clear the super hot air out.

There is a "go back to old interface" setting buried in the app somewhere, try that? I haven't tried that to see if it brings the old option back as it hasn't been a big deal.

·
Registered
2021 S60 T8 Inscription
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a thread in the VOC subforum, where a Volvo employee (I think).. responded saying that they're redesigning the remote start / remote cooling/heating feature. There were apparently some issues with it and felt better disabling it completely.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A lot of you prolly already saw this but I have noticed that the VOC app now shows my S60 correctly. Even shows a shot thru the sunroof with the color of my interior. Used to only have a pic of a V60.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mine did finally update as well to actually match my car. I guess there are bugs like I have to press "stop" to start the car lol. But the little things are cute, the graphic of blue "blowing air" when the car is started and A/C is on, and the side mirrors appear folded in when the car is locked ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love the Volvo app. I've never had remote start before, and I wasn't expecting this at all when ordering my car (coming from Audi). I was delightfully surprised to see the app installed on my watch. So cool to have a new car that I can remotely control from my watch. :D It's amazing to be able to walk the dogs around the park, open my watch to pre-cool the car, and return to a cool cabin...dogs are happier too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts