SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a single place on Internet which goes into specific details as to what exactly are ALL the differences between 2011-2013 and 2014-2018 models S60?
If not, could some good soul put it here in this thread?

All I found were bits and pieces and the majority of info was actually quite vague and not really specific (obviously the targeted audience was general public).

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Are you asking about the obvious or the subtle or both?
I have a 2012 but I'll list a few:
Not so obvious:
1- leather seat quality better on older ones.
2- the way way door slam sounds and feels is better on the new.
New ones have:
1- Auto headlights feature.
2- windshield washer nozzles are hidden.
3- new shifter knob and leather boot.
4- radar based instead of camera based BLIS.

There are a lot of obvious differences with the face lift models but I'm sure also a bunch of not-so -obvious ones that others can point out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
It all depends on your needs and budget.

There are 3 engine choices I’m aware but anybody correct me if I’m wrong.

The most powerful and expensive yet least fuel efficient is the T6 but has the advantage of being a chain driven engine...no timing belt worries yet you’ll pay more at the pump.

T5s come with AWD some years but not all. Mines is a T5 with FWD as we have a backup SUV for bad weather.

Drive E engines are a 4 cylinder variety that’s most fuel efficient.

Not many here care about fuel efficiency but I got my T5 FWD partially because AWD is unnecessary for most of the calendar year but it does help to have AWD in bad weather and for extra sporty driving.

I drove FWD my whole life so I’ve managed but it’s nice to have AWD sometimes yet there is a fuel penalty.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
I'll add a couple to what's been listed:

Dash gauges changed and most of the newer models have an adaptable background.
The '15.5 cars have an upgraded Sensus system with navigation and pre-loaded apps standard, though to use the latter you need to add the car to your cell phone plan.
Most of the newer cars have keyless go.

I would imagine it can be kind of confusing if you're new to the brand. If there are any cars you would like opinions on post us a link and most folks will give you honest feedback. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts